Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
angelaguptathomas

Chair recommendations for sitting 12 hours a day?

I sit about 12 hours a couple of days a week and need a recommendation for an ergonomic chair. My knees, hips, and back are starting to bother me.

Possibly a cushioned rocker with an ottoman?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I had the Herman Miller ergonomic office chair when I was working long hours at a cubicle desk. It was easy to adjust but rather expensive. https://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/office-chairs/aeron-chairs/

The Aeron chairs are great. I had these at work, and then we bought two for home. They are now more than 15 years old and look and feel new. They are a significant investment up front for sure, but the longetivity and comfort are in my experience worth it. I have spine (disk) and other issues, and the chair helps.

ETA

We have one Aeron and one Mirra. My husband who is taller prefers Mirra, and I like Aeron.

Edited by RosemaryAndThyme
  • Like 1

I don't have a chair rec, but I do recommend a fit-bit type bracelet that buzzes every half an hour so you get up and move around.  I got a very, very basic one for about $12 on Amazon.  Don't sit too long!  Move around for five minutes of every half hour.  Your body will thank you!  🙂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, milovany said:

I don't have a chair rec, but I do recommend a fit-bit type bracelet that buzzes every half an hour so you get up and move around.  I got a very, very basic one for about $12 on Amazon.  Don't sit too long!  Move around for five minutes of every half hour.  Your body will thank you!  🙂

Link, please?  TIA!

21 minutes ago, Bambam said:

Link, please?  TIA!

Let me go look. Okay, the wrist timer I purchased is no longer available, but it looked similar to this (but didn't have the calorie and step tracker features) --

https://smile.amazon.com/iGANK-Bracelet-Wristband-Fitness-Pedometer/dp/B076F7DYJH

Edited by milovany
  • Like 1