Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
happysmileylady

Daily Grammar Warm up?

I have my kids start each day with a daily math warm up.  It's just a mix of a few quick practice math questions.  I would like to also add in a daily grammar warm up too.  Something short and for practice.  Maybe something like one or two sentences with mistakes to correct or parts of speech to label, or similar, for practice.  Does anyone have a resource they can recommend?  My girls are 2nd and 4th grade, I am not necessarily looking to do it for my Kindy.

You might like the Daily Grammar Practice series. It's one sentence a week, and students do a different quick activity with the sentence each day--label parts of speech, identify subjects and predicates, correct spelling and punctuation, etc. The higher levels have diagramming.

We just use the student workbook.

• Like 1

Hint on the Daily Grams--do them orally! Way faster--we always did two facing pages. There's no reason to write out an entire sentence just to put ending punctuation on it. One of the things I really liked about DGs was the 2-3 sentences at the end of each page that have to be combined. So, there might be: I have a dog. He is red. He is big. becomes I have a big, red dog. Obviously, that is for a younger kid. 

https://www.easygrammar.com/uploads/4/1/1/2/4112002/dg_4_146.pdf