Menu

If anyone has been using Late Nite Labs...

I think it was me originally who suggested Late Nite Labs here on the forum so I thought I'd update everyone.  As of December 2019, Macmillan Learning will potentially be discontinuing Late Nite Labs.  Here's an email I received from them:

"As you have likely heard, Adobe is concluding their support of Flash, which means we at Macmillan Learning need to work on contingency plans for Late Nite Labs (which is Flash-based). We are working on an off-the-shelf version of a new product (tentatively titled Hayden-McNeil Lab Simulations) for you, but we don't have a release date for that product yet. We also don’t know how long we’ll be able to keep LNL up as it depends a lot on the experience with Flash.

We plan to keep LNL up through the end of 2019, but it might be longer than that, depending on your experience with the product. (We don’t want you to have a terrible experience, especially since we can’t fix the issues.) Basically, we are going to continue to serve you to the best of our ability, but we’ll have to get you more information as we watch Flash and see how the development of our Hayden-McNeil Lab Simulations progresses.

Once we have a new solution and a LNL ‘end’ date, we will absolutely let you know. Again, I am so sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but hopefully we are giving you enough time to plan ahead for future classes. We are happy to work with you on other solutions, however, to meet other needs or to get you through until we are ready to unveil a new solution, and please reach to out to your local representative for more info.

My apologies,
Your Support Team "

Just a heads-up in case anyone was building curriculum plans that included Late Nite Labs.  If I hear any more about a new lab simulation platform, I'll let everyone know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, stlily said:

Thank you for sharing the info.  I was just looking at Elemental Science curriculum for high school and Late Night Labs are the core of their lab assignments.  I guess I'll have to start looking at other programs. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

LNL may still be able to keep running after December 2019 and they also may have their new platform ready to go.  But nothing is certain. 🙂  That's why I wanted to pass on what Macmillan had sent me.  I teach chemistry at the local college and we use Late Nite Labs for the Distance Ed students.  As an instructor, Macmillan should send me update emails.  When they do, I'll pass them on.

• Thanks 1