Menu

Best item you bought and ♥♥♥ lately?

Alicia64

Hi Everyone,

I love the lists where we all share something wonderful that we've bought. . . something that actually works.

I haven't used this stuff long enough to see results, but a beauty vlogger I follow consistently mentions it as a great go-to. It's called Garnier Skin Renew Clincial Dark Spot Overnight Peel. $9.95.

And I really, really love this for super cold days when I'm frozen at the dog park: Pretty Balaclava, $10.99 (Very pretty and great quality.The pink one I bought was a little too hot pink for me so I ordered this one in red.)

Do you have any products to recommend that you love?

Alley

• Like 4

I am loving my Presto Bacon Microwave Cooker. Is it just as good as slow cooking bacon? No, not quite, but it's good and it's great for when I need bacon in recipes. I am never going to cook bacon on the stove to add to recipes, so this does the trick nicely for that. Pre-cooked microwavable bacon is expensive, it's much cheaper to buy this and use regular bacon. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, HeighHo said:

snow boots with omni-heat lining - didn't have to buy wool socks, didn't give me wet feet.  and Mother Nature is again giving us snow, so I am getting my use out of them.

This could be life-changing for me. Which brand did you get??

And thank you!! :cool:

Alley

• Like 3

These erasable gel pens. Nothing like the erasable pens of my youth--these actually erase cleanly! My DD loves to use pens for school and really needed an erasable option.

Retinol Cream and Vitamin C Serum from LilyAna Naturals. Gentle, non-irritating, effective, virtually scentless, and cruelty-free! (I did not especially care for their Face Cream, though. Too emollient for me.)

I get lots of compliments on this inexpensive dress. I wear a cami under it. Very flattering and comfortable. 

This lace shapewear doesn't roll down like Spanx. 

This heart-shaped punch is very satisfying to use. 

• Like 7

I can't find the exact link but I bought frigid weight Cuddle Dud pants and long sleeve shirt at Walmart in Florida 3 weeks ago.  yes, in Florida....where it was supposed to be warm and sunny but wasn't.  Anyway, I love them and they are great for Michigan weather.  I wear them on a regular basis now.

• Like 7

Fleece leggings from Aldi *

linguee language AP (not sure if I bought it or was free). 

Booties from Costco*. They are so ugly but comfier than my house slippers.

* I don’t buy all my clothing in grocery stores. It’s just my louboutins haven’t had much occasion to appear lately 😂

Edited by madteaparty
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

Buffwear multifunction headgear https://buffusa.com/shop-buff/men/multifunctional-headwear-category.html

I use it as a scarf and as a balaclava, sometimes as a hairband. 

I have a couple of these too - and love them. I found a wool one from SmartWool on clearance. I *love* that one for winter. It is really nice for helping me to stay warm on cold windy days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was going to mention a foam roller and massage ball, but now I see someone has mentioned HEATED foam rollers and massage balls!  Now I'm jealous!  

Retin-A topical prescription.  I've dealt with acne my whole freaking life, puberty onward.  It was actually better in my teens than in my 20s and 30s!!!  Since we're definitely done having babies, I decided to finally try a stronger product, so I'm using topical retin-a, as it can help with both acne AND aging skin.  I'm now about 6 weeks in, and my skin is finally calming down from the major peel-ies, I'm able to use about 3x a week (working up slowly to daily) and I'm beginning to see a positive difference.  My skin is much smoother, and while acne is still popping up, it's popping up fast and then sloughing off fast, rather than sticking around for months like usual.  I can't wait to see where I am in a few more months!  

Woll frying pans- I started with one, now I've got two.  They are definitely an investment.  I have the diamond pro ones, and they are amazing.  They are not teflon, they need a little oil in order to be a non-stick surface, but they are so tough.  You can scrub them and everything comes off, perfect finish remains.  I've had my first one for years now and it looks brand new.  Keep in mind this is a pan I use DAILY (my only frying pan for a family of 6) and absolutely perfect condition.  I only bought a second one for those very rare occasions where a second pan is helpful- heating tortillas or similar.  Otherwise, my one and only pan is the pan to end all pans.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

This straightening brush.  Even dh is impressed by how fast I can do my hair now. I love this thing.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0751KYGC1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got 2 prs of these thermal sets for our recent trip to Maine.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0161X00KY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

And lastly, I came here a while back and asked about cold weather clothes for our trip, since I was clueless on how to deal with 0* temps.  I ended up with this awesome coat from Lands End.  Every part covered just flat out did not get cold.   Also, the fit is flattering.  It comes in a little at the waist so you don’t look like you’re wearing a boxy, bulky jacket.  https://www.landsend.com/products/school-uniform-womens-squall-parka/id_307432?sku_0=::TVY

Tell me more about this brush. Does it take the place of a flat iron? Does it get close to the root? (My wave starts at the root if I let it air dry and it’s so hard to straighten) but I really dislike using the flat iron 

9 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

I haven’t used my flat iron since I got this.  But my curl/frizz starts maybe an inch or two from the root, so I’m not sure if it would help you.   I had to figure out how to hold it for the best results.  I brush it through slowly, not like I would a normal brush.  My hair is curly and super thick, if that helps.   It makes it straight and smooth.   

I knew I’d find something I’d ‘need’ to buy on this thread!😂 I may have to try this. Thank you!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

I’m almost scared to click on these threads!   But they draw me in and I google it all! 🤦‍♀️

if you try it, I hope it works for you! 

I know...me too. We need another one of those ‘the hive made me buy it threads’. 😂

I’ve already ordered it from amazon🤣 and I can’t wait to try it! Thank you!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mmasc said:

I know...me too. We need another one of those ‘the hive made me buy it threads’. 😂

I’ve already ordered it from amazon🤣 and I can’t wait to try it! Thank you!

I already bought the can opener and the popcorn popper and the hair brush are both sitting in my cart. The Hive can be a dangerous place sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, mmasc said:

Tell me more about this brush. Does it take the place of a flat iron? Does it get close to the root? (My wave starts at the root if I let it air dry and it’s so hard to straighten) but I really dislike using the flat iron 

This is the brush I’m saving up for. The products are free with the brush in this set.  You can save 15% by signing up for their emails.

https://loveamika.com/collections/gift-me/products/smooth-criminal-kit

• Like 1

I love this wallet.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076JJ81RQ/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s great because when I open it, I can easily access all of my cards.  When I am done paying, I don’t have to fumble around trying to get my card back into my wallet.  It just easily pops in.  They come in lots of pretty designs.

I am resisting buying the can opener (which I don’t need) and the magical brush since I already own a flat iron. I’ve never thought about buying a salad spinner until reading this thread but had to reassure myself that, no, I do not need one of those.🙃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DesertBlossom said:

Add to me to the list of people who bought the can opener!

Amazon is probably wondering why they are having a run on can openers. 😂

1 minute ago, Mom0012 said:

And now I’m wondering if that can opener wouldn’t make a good gift for my Dad for Christmas (even though he just bought an electric one), lol.

One reason why I went ahead and got the can opener now is so I can test drive to see if it will make great gifts for next Christmas. Yep, that's what I'm telling myself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Mom0012 said:

I love this wallet.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076JJ81RQ/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s great because when I open it, I can easily access all of my cards.  When I am done paying, I don’t have to fumble around trying to get my card back into my wallet.  It just easily pops in.  They come in lots of pretty designs.

I just ordered the wallet - I've been looking for something like that!

And to everyone who is getting a new can opener, you're welcome! 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Thatboyofmine said:

I just put that wallet in my cart.  So... thanks a lot. 🤣

A similar wallet is available at Daiso Japan if you have a store close to you.. I bought a few of them to store my grocery store cards, library cards etc.

I love my umbrella that folds inward so that you don’t get water all over your car: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4DJI89/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I love this cupcake batter dispenser.  My son bakes cupcakes once a month for a homeless shelter, and he’s terrible at pouring the batter into the tins, so I did it for him. But I’m not much better than him, and it’s just one of those little tasks that I don’t like doing.  I finally got this dispenser and it’s soooooooo much easier.  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NLYMNNE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Garga
  • Like 4

I got this Lole lightweight jacket:

https://www.lolelife.com/products/sabrina-jacket-lsw2507?variant=4823823122469

It's amazing.  I've brought it on two trips now.  It's so lightweight and can wad up so small, I can stick it in my purse.  It looks classy.  It has zipper pockets.  It doesn't need ironing.  It dries fast.  It has sun protection.  For warm weather when you might want a light jacket, it's perfect.  Because it looks nice it can take the place of both a black cardigan and a jacket.

• Like 1

Maybe it shows that I'm just old or boring at this point, but one thing my mom gave me for Christmas was this Oxo Extendable Sweep Set. Yes, I'm admitting I love a broom & dustpan. 🤣 The most awesome thing about it is that the dustpan has teeth & is amazing for removing cat hair from your broom. If you have pets, you need this broom with the toothy dustpan.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2019 at 8:44 PM, stephanier.1765 said:

Do you have a preferred popcorn you use in it?

Sometimes I splurge on Amish popcorn special-order, but this popper pops ALL the kernels of my cheap grocery store kind! 

21 hours ago, DawnM said:

I got one of those for my college kid and he used it daily.  He loved it so much he brought it home for Christmas break to use it here.  He accidentally left it!  I sent him another from Amazon, but now we use his old one all the time!

Right? I may or may not have bought a few of them for Christmas gifts, too. 🙂

• Like 3