Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Critterfixer

Accountability Thread 2/10-2/16

Another week of the Februaries, but it's time to dive back into school this week. We are still not doing quite as much as I think we should be doing for a ninth grade year, but work is getting done, the boys are learning, and I'm getting through revisions, and none of us are really ready to change anything. That's a decent place to be for February. I'll take it.

• Like 2

I have been researching next year things. Nothing concrete yet, though.

It was a cleaning day today. Cleaning my room and going through all her books on the shelf. DD6 found lots of books she read to me and I read to her. Cuddling time on the couch.

Usually we have church in the morning but it was too icey for me to drive DH to work this morning. I slipped once and felt like slipping several times on the way just to start the car while he was getting ready. Nope not going.

Normal school tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Good Morning!  One more week till we have a week off.  One more.  

Good news, no water when we woke up.  Wooo Whoo!

This was balanced out by the fact that when Dh went out to warm up the van, it had a flat tire.  *sigh*  I swear this van is trying to kill us.  He went to repair the loose cable connection, and the brand new connection BROKE.  Thankfully, it was inexpensive and easy to return and just get a new one.  But of course doing so meant putting the old one back on.

*sigh*

Ok, school......

DS6
ETC
MIF

DD8
Daily Math
Spelling Workout
ETC

MIF
Reading
Reading Comp Page
Writing

DD10
Daily Math
Spelling Workout

ETC (double up)
MIF (double up)
Reading
Writing

DD8 is just about finished with her current ETC book, so she wanted to work ahead a bit.  She will probably finish with it tomorrow and i will just skip it the rest of the week for her.  They are all taking a short break, then I am going to start MIF for DD8.  I might be able to get DD10 working on ETC while doing that.  

Edited by happysmileylady
  • Like 2

Ice cancelled Sunday sevices for us too but we wouldn't have gone anyway because we are all sick. 

I am hoping to double up on read alouds today since its one of the few things any of us is up for. I'd like to find a couple of documentaries to go along with our geography so we can just sit and watch but its much better than them watching Capt. Underpants. 🙄 

• Like 1

DS6
ETC
MIF

DD8
Daily Math
Spelling Workout
ETC

MIF
Reading
Reading Comp Page
Writing

DD10
Daily Math
Spelling Workout

ETC (double up)
MIF (double up)

Reading
Writing

We decided not to double up on ETC for DD10, there's just a few too many pages of the book left.  I might have her do it over break though.  

Anyway, she's finishing up MIF.  And whining about it.  I have got to go get dinner in the crock pot.  

• Like 2

Dh is staying home today.  Radiator fan on the van is broke.  (we won't discuss that I have been telling him for a couple weeks that the van is making a noise like some fan is going out.)  So DH is going to go get a new fan and throw it in.

I had a tooth break last night.  It surprisingly hurts way less than it should.  But since he's not working, I will be calling around to find a dentist and see if I can get it out today.  It's broken nearly clean off at the gumline.  Which is why I am surprised it doesn't hurt so much.

Another fake charge posted on the bank account so I had to call and dispute that one too.  I already cancelled the card on Friday and I have the new one but....gggrrrrrr

• Sad 2

We got snow! We can't go out and play in it because we are still feeling lousy. 

More read alouds today and educational TV. The kids don't even want to draw, they are so miserable. When ds got out of the shower yesterday he said, "for some reason, that shower really wore me out." Poor guy! 😞  

• Like 1

Revising, revising, revising. School is getting done. I am busting my tail to get through to the next chapter which puts me at the halfway point. Kind of ready for some warm weather and sunshine already. It's sunny today, but everything is flooded because it rained all of yesterday.

• Like 1

Van is repaired and fully functional.  

There isn't a dentist that can fit me in today that takes our insurance.  Best I could get was next Wednesday at 8:45.  That's early enough that DH can stay with the kids.  I am on cancellation lists with two dentists.  

We will be picking up a rental today for DH to be driving to work for the next two weeks.  Then we will be able to manipulate our March budget and paychecks and purchase a more reliable vehicle for him.  

• Like 2

Things will get better, HSL. 

Daddy/Daughter day didn't go as plan.

I had a doctor's appointment.  They went out for donuts while I was there 

Came home to get laundry but DH wanted to rest. They watched a science show and cuddled instead.

He took a nap for awhile. I did calendar, weather, Bible stories and memory verse with her.

We played some games.

He took her out to ride her bike and played multiple games including a memory game.

They are watching a movie together right now. 

• Like 2

Good Morning, 

School to phonics, reading, math, writing, calendar, weather, Bible stories and memory verse. 

Laundry

Chores

Suppose to be in the 50's this afternoon so we are going to play outside. 

• Like 2

All us sickies slept in super late this morning and I am just letting them do whatever they want sans screens for a while. Currently, they have Lumi Dough projects baking in the oven and are playing Lego. I'm happy with that.

I'm working on a menu and grocery list. I'm hoping I have the energy for one small grocery store this afternoon and maybe by tomorrow, I'll be ready to conquer the dreaded Walmart. 

I also have the modest goals of running the dishwasher and doing a load of towels laundry today. This cold has been a butt kicker, as far as energy goes. 

• Like 1

I started to post here this morning but I guess I got side tracked.  

DS6 is done, he did etc and math.  He's now going back through pages in ETC that he has already done and is reading the sentences to himself, for the fun of it.  I don't think I am going to have any trouble with him and reading.

DD8 is almost done.  She has done Daily Math and MIF.  She already finished her ETC book and I won't be ordering the new one till next week.  She just has to write her spelling words 3x and do some reading.

DD10 has done Daily Math, ETC and MIF.  I wish we hadn't had the day off yesterday because I ended up having to split the lesson into 2 days.  And it looks like the next lesson needs 2 days too.  All she has left to do today is Spelling 3X and some reading.

Cars-we rented a car to get us through till March 2nd.  DH took the rental to work, so I have the van, yay!  I am contemplating going to Fazoli's for lunch, just because I can lol.  

• Like 2

Good afternoon. School is done. I'm trying to cook and revise at the same time. It's not working.

• Like 1

Good Morning!

I woke up and turned on the news, all the schools in the area are closed.  I couldn't figure out what was going on, the temp is great, it's not raining or snowing or foggy....

There's a boil water advisory for the area.  So the schools are all closed because of that.

I considered waking every one up and running to the store to pick up some bottled water.  But, I have an electric kettle that I use to boil water for tea and I have two pitchers, plus we have plenty of milk, apple juice and orange juice to drink.  I had to remember to use the boiled water to make ice though.

I think I am not going to mess with having DS6 do any work.  If I do, it will be later in the day.

DD8 did Daily Math, Spelling, MIF, and reading.  Since she's finished with her current ETC book, she's done for the day.

DD10 has done Daily Math and is working on MIF.  She still has to do spelling, ETC and reading.

I have someone on his way to come look at the truck.  If he buys it, I am going to have to pile the kids in the car, because apparently in Ohio when you sell a car, you have to have the title signatures notarized.  We also have someone who said they wanted to come look at the car too, so potentially two transactions that I will need to go to the bank to get notarized.  And if we are doing that, it's going to throw everything out of whack for the day so I am trying to push DD10 to finish up.  

• Like 2

Good luck on your potential auto sales, HSL! 

I am currently listening to hold music. On the phone with health insurance. A dreaded task for all, I am sure. 😰 

The kids are building forts and getting along nicely. We'll do some schoolwork at some point. Just hit the basics.

I'm feeling better, just extremely weak. (I didn't make it to the store yesterday, I fell asleep on the couch.) I will venture out today because ds has 5 holds ready at the library. But that should be fine. I can just sit and rest while the kids play and gather books. 😊 

• Like 1

Library today in a different town.

Park temps in the 50's today. Getting her outside because tomorrow is snow.

Lego Club at the library in our town. She does it with Daddy.

She watched math and phonics shows earlier. I also did math orally with her.

Daddy got an Aladdin (not Disney) book to read tonight and I got her a book she will read to Dad at bedtime. 

DH goes to work for the next 4 days so its lots of Daddy time on his days off.

Since tomorrow is snow 3-6 inches maybe more I am contemplating if I will drive him tomorrow (before it starts) so I can get to the market or not.

• Like 2

Tonight after her bath she decided she wanted to read several books on her own. These are ones she has read well before but for her wanting to read for fun is new.

Bedtime so Daddy is going to read the "Bedtime Blessing" book and then Aladdin.

Right now I'm putting rollers in her hair.

• Like 1

Morning! A day of school and writing is planned. No cooking! Out of raw ingredients and plenty of leftovers, unless I wanted to make soup of something. DH is home, but has things to do out of the house. Hopeful to get in a big day of revision today!

• Like 1

Good Morning!

Last day before our break!  I contemplated just throwing in the towel for the day but since we did no work on Tuesday due to DH being home, we can't do no work today.

DS6

ETC
MIF

DD8
Daily Math
MIF

Spelling
Reading

DD10
Daily Math
MIF
ETC
Spelling
Reading

Car sales simply didn't happen yesterday.  No one showed up.  *sigh*.  Whatever.  If we can't get them sold, we can always just sell them to a junk yard.

ETA: I forgot that DD8 finished the end of chapter review yesterday in MIF.  No point in starting a new chapter the day before we take a week off.  So she just has spelling and reading left.  DD10 is working on daily math.  

Edited by happysmileylady
  • Like 1

So apparently, yesterday's plan to "hit the basics" with regard to schoolwork meant "only do one math lesson with ds." 😰 

We did make it to the library so they've gotten a bunch of really good books and are learning a lot there. Ds learned what reluctant means and dd has been compiling info about sights to see in various states. She wants a vacation as badly as I do! 

We are getting ice right now and it's supposed to snow the majority of the day. So I guess we're not going anywhere.

I definitely want to do memory work, Spelling, Math, handwriting, and read alouds with ds. Dd needs to do memory work, spelling, writing, math, and handwriting. It seems weird to do school lessons one day and then have the weekend free but I actually think it will be a good way to ease back into it.

Maybe I'll have the kids do some snow day arts and crafts this afternoon. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

I'mma call the day.  We did math, we did reading....I am done.  We will do some flash cards later, because they don't think that's school, and its pretty easy for me.  I just toss bits of candy out like tossing fish to a seal lol.  

SO.........YAY for vacation!

We are going to have a late lunch, then I have planning to do.  I have a lot to get done over this week off, so I need to make sure I get it all squeezed in.  Cleaning, GS cookie stuff, meal planning, ordering a couple of new school books, etc etc etc.  

• Like 1

It's been snowing for hours here and suppose to continue all day.

DH took the car this morning. DD6 wanted to stay home and sleep in. Woke back up 3 hours after he left.

Grocery shopping tomorrow instead.

No storytime today or any other regular Friday things.

Unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. Folded and put away our laundry.

School wise we have done memory verse, Bible stories, calendar and weather.

She has gotten buckets of snow to play in on the tile. (Needed to mop anyway).

She is eating and listening to "My Father's Dragon ".

She needs to do Blend Phonics Lessons and Stories, read to me, do her math and practice her writing. 

• Like 1

Semi-educational videos.

I found StormChasers on my Roku and I put it on to see which season it was (apparently only season 4.)  DD10 wandered in the room and it's the type of thing that she is usually afraid of, but she is SO SO SO excited over it.  Sure, it's not completely without tv show crap, but there's plenty of info in it too.

• Like 1