Menu

If you're using Beowulf's Grammar this year, what are you using next?

I combined my 3rd and 6th grader with this- crazy talk I know but previous grammar instruction had not stuck with my older one. They both love it and are sad to see it end. I have no clue what to do next, they enjoy the format and they are learning and doing well. 

Edited by soror

I'm currently using Beowulf Grammar for my 3rd and 5th grade DDs. They both really love it too! I wish there were more levels!

It's been kind of a review for my 5th grader, which has been good for her. Lately she's been preferring to work more independently, so I was thinking about trying CLE Language Arts for her next year.

My 3rd grader is a little harder to figure out. I'd say she's learning a lot from Beowulf but I'm not sure how much she's retaining quite yet. I'm thinking of having her do IEW's Fix It Grammar Book 1. I already own Books 1 &2 (which is what my 5th grader did previously). I'm not sure if it's a bit of a step backward, but she may need that just to solidify the stuff she's learning right now. 

I'm still not 100% decided on either one though. Analytical Grammar was another program I had thought about for my 5th grader. 

Sorry I'm not much help!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vintage81 said:

I'm currently using Beowulf Grammar for my 3rd and 5th grade DDs. They both really love it too! I wish there were more levels!

It's been kind of a review for my 5th grader, which has been good for her. Lately she's been preferring to work more independently, so I was thinking about trying CLE Language Arts for her next year.

My 3rd grader is a little harder to figure out. I'd say she's learning a lot from Beowulf but I'm not sure how much she's retaining quite yet. I'm thinking of having her do IEW's Fix It Grammar Book 1. I already own Books 1 &2 (which is what my 5th grader did previously). I'm not sure if it's a bit of a step backward, but she may need that just to solidify the stuff she's learning right now. 

I'm still not 100% decided on either one though. Analytical Grammar was another program I had thought about for my 5th grader. 

Sorry I'm not much help!!

No, not much help at all! I thought about AG too just worry about retention. Dd1 sometimes works ahead alone but doesn't get everything and some concepts dd2 is faster on so I think they'd continue to be good together? Something fun and rigorous is that too much to ask?