Menu

What's with the ads?

nopenope

CLE Algebra being released

FYI, the new magazine from the CLP people announces definitely that the sunrise edition of CLE math is being finally released this summer.

I am so pleased ūüôā¬†

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what the difference will be (or if there will be a difference) compared to the preliminary version that is out now?  Maybe it's wishful thinking that they will put it all into a workbook format, since the preliminary version has "reusable" softcover units.  

It seems their pattern had been to offer light units to accompany textbooks. At least with other subjects 

My understanding is the "LU" Algebra currently offered is not write-in like the 100-800. The text will be the only offering for algebra.

OK Bud, have you used CLE Math through the 800 (Pre-Algebra) level?  I'm looking for reviews on using that as a Pre-Algebra and if it's rigorous enough to be considered such.

My daughter will start Pre-Algebra middle of 7th grade year (next year), and she is coming from Rod & Staff Grade 6, which has been a perfect fit for her.  My understanding is that CLE and Rod & Staff are quite similar in the way lessons are presented to the student, drill and mastery and required, and the is consistent spiral review.

Any thoughts on that? ūüôā

On 2/7/2019 at 8:05 PM, kristin0713 said:

I wonder what the difference will be (or if there will be a difference) compared to the preliminary version that is out now?  Maybe it's wishful thinking that they will put it all into a workbook format, since the preliminary version has "reusable" softcover units.  

"Sunrise edition" presumably means that it will be a series of light units/worktexts like all the previous grades.  

1 hour ago, OKBud said:

I wish I could find the mailer. It probably already got put out with the recycling.

I received their Jan-Feb newsletter last week and looked through it specifically for new info on Algebra but couldn't find anything.  They have the newsletter on their site, so I double checked and still found nothing.  Is it possible the mailer was from someone who distributes their product rather than coming straight from CLP?

Found the thing...one of the kids spirited it away. I was wrong, it *will* be a textbook "and materials." Hmm. I hope there is still a workbook to go with it!

It's at the back of Homeschooler's Friend.

CLP algebra.jpg

Edited by OKBud
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Now if they'd only do Algebra II and Geometry!!! ūüėě

Presumably those will be released in 3067AD

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I hope there will be a workbook too. Dd is doing so well with the CLE light units that I hope it is something similar for Algebra. I wish the Algebra  2, Geometry and Trigonometry would be out before I needed them but I think that is unlikely.

Edited by MistyMountain
  • Like 3

Dd is going into 7th so still a ways off from needing Algebra but it is good to know it is being published, assuming CLE continues to work for her (fingers crossed it will)!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 7:50 PM, MamaHill said:

OK Bud, have you used CLE Math through the 800 (Pre-Algebra) level?  I'm looking for reviews on using that as a Pre-Algebra and if it's rigorous enough to be considered such.

My daughter will start Pre-Algebra middle of 7th grade year (next year), and she is coming from Rod & Staff Grade 6, which has been a perfect fit for her.  My understanding is that CLE and Rod & Staff are quite similar in the way lessons are presented to the student, drill and mastery and required, and the is consistent spiral review.

Any thoughts on that? ūüôā

I'm not OKBud, but we did use CLE through 800 for DD17.

She then entered brick and mortar school for ninth grade and took algebra there. CLE was a fine preparation for her. Math is always a lot of work for her and does not come easily, but she was able to hold her own in algebra with A's and B's. I think her final course grade was either A- or B+, which we considered a great achievement for a non-mathy kid. I give the credit to CLE, which she used from level 400 through 800.

• Like 4

On 2/9/2019 at 11:52 AM, OKBud said:

Found the thing...one of the kids spirited it away. I was wrong, it *will* be a textbook "and materials." Hmm. I hope there is still a workbook to go with it!

It's at the back of Homeschooler's Friend.

CLP algebra.jpg

I'm guessing it will be a similar setup to the new textbooks sets for 400-600.