Menu

Veritas Press On Line high school math classes

I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Veritas Press live on-line math courses?  One of my sons will be taking Algrebra 2 in the fall.  He is currently using Saxon Geometry and is doing well. I am confused as to why Veritas offers two different math tracks, the regular course and then Saxon, for "students who struggle with math and may need more repetition".  We actually know a lot of kids who have used Saxon, scored very well on the ACT, and have gone on to math and science related majors in college.  My own kids have all used Saxon at some point and I do think this curriculum has helped them score high as well.  So, I am surprised that Saxon would be listed as the math for struggling learners. Has anyone taken courses through the Veritas Press Saxon track and found it to be slow moving? And why does Saxon use these two different classes for the same subject?  We are looking for an on-line live(not recorded videos, but a live person) Algebra 2 courses and I would love to hear other suggestions.  Preferably a class meeting 2x per week, as opposed to just once. Thanks!