Menu

Academy at Bright Ideas Press- Reviews?

I'm looking at The Academy at Bright Ideas Press classes for my daughter next year (11th grade), and am wondering if anyone is currently enrolled and can give feedback. We are looking at English III, American History, Spanish 2, Chemistry and Geometry. They are having a sale for the month of February, but I'm having a hard time committing without any info from other homeschoolers. I've looked at Big River and Excelsior, but the course descriptions and youtube videos from Bright Ideas Press seem to fit my daughter better. Even if you're not enrolled in these classes, let me know what you think of the instructors and the experience. It's hard to spend over $2000 with only a 50% refund when you don't know what you're getting into. 😓

Thanks!

academy.brightideaspress.com

I remember seeing people comment that some teachers from Landry Academy (after that blew up) landed at BIP. Sorry, there aren't any comments about their classes. Both of the other two you mentioned are also places where former Landry teachers ended up. All of them are relatively new platforms. You might have better luck searching the specific teacher on old threads about Landry.

In my experience, you probably don't want to spend all your dollars on one provider you've never used unless you really like your experience with that provider (especially if you are talking about high school classes). Otherwise, you could potentially be out a lot of money all sunk in one place.

I will also add it is hard to tell from online providers that are newer just how much of it is just a platform with somewhat random teachers so the quality really varies by teacher versus a platform with a specific vision/teaching philosophy that permeates all the instruction with specific standards/quality that all the teachers are held accountable to meeting.

Edited by calbear