Menu

Anyone going to update their MMR?

Shellydon

21 hours ago, BusyMom5 said:

No, I've got a baby and titers were checked while PG, so I'm good.  I had a booster after my first baby about 15 years ago.  I boostered my tdaP a few years ago, and had another one while PG to help give immunity to baby.   I was concerned about tetnus.

That said, I'm pretty sure I had pertussis as a teen in the 90s, before they required a booster.  The Dr's kept saying " it can't be Pertussis bc she's vaxxed"  but I'm sure it was.  I was very sick for about 3 months, coughed so hard I tore the lining in my lungs and couldn't even hold a glass of water.  My Dr's kept saying it must be allergies!  Then, about 3 years later, they started requiring a booster in middle school.  

Pertussis goes around in PHX every few years according to our ped.  He's old enough to know better than to assume just because people are vaxxed for it, they can't have it.  Middle daughter, (mentioned in my post above) who was immunocompromised, got it when she couldn't be vaccinated for it.  So did her boyfriend in college who was fully vaxxed for it on schedule.  Unfortunately we have some head in the sand medical staff who won't just run the blood test for confirmation.  Daughter and boyfriend had the blood tests to confirm.  Neither were told to quarantine themselves for it, even though they asked if they should be. They were told not hold any newborn babies until they had completed treatment. Neither had anything more than a nagging cough for a couple of weeks. It's really common, but most people have no idea.

Know I'm kind of late to this thread, but the high school I work at gets calls regularly from people asking for their vaccination records.

I believe it's state specific, but IL must keep these for 60 years, and we frequently pull them from the archives and fax them to people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karen A said:

Know I'm kind of late to this thread, but the high school I work at gets calls regularly from people asking for their vaccination records.

I believe it's state specific, but IL must keep these for 60 years, and we frequently pull them from the archives and fax them to people.

Wow, I didn’t realize there might still be such records somewhere held that long!