Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
happynurse

Supplementing MFW

My rising 2nd grade son will be doing MFW Adventures next year. We will be using CLE 200s for math, WWE2, FLL2, and Rod & Staff Spelling by Sound and Structure for language arts.  We will keep practicing reading and I'll read aloud to him. Oh and I also have FAN math and CWP both level 1 that we will use to supplement CLE.  

For those who use/have used MFW, (specifically Adventures or the program in general) did you supplement any of the subjects they cover? If so, can you share what you used? Does what I'm planning look like I'm missing anything?

FWIW I haven't yet decided on whether we'll begin foreign language next year. 

Thanks!

You have it covered. You've added your math and LA. We also used CLE math for elementary and the only change I would make is to add in more story problem practice which you already did with CWP. Remember to check the book list in the back of the TM and enjoy your trips to the library. The second half of Adventures didn't seem as busy as the first since we got into a routine with the state study, so that would be a good time to reconsider adding in something new like a foreign language if you didn't already begin one.

We really enjoyed the bird study. We attached a  clear, suction cup bird feeder outside our window where we do school and kept a pocket bird guide handy. My children would observe and identify them. They taught me a lot about birds. 😄 They're in high school now and they still remember a lot of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mona said:

You have it covered. You've added your math and LA. We also used CLE math for elementary and the only change I would make is to add in more story problem practice which you already did with CWP. Remember to check the book list in the back of the TM and enjoy your trips to the library. The second half of Adventures didn't seem as busy as the first since we got into a routine with the state study, so that would be a good time to reconsider adding in something new like a foreign language if you didn't already begin one.

We really enjoyed the bird study. We attached a  clear, suction cup bird feeder outside our window where we do school and kept a pocket bird guide handy. My children would observe and identify them. They taught me a lot about birds. 😄 They're in high school now and they still remember a lot of it.

Thank you! This is very reassuring. I appreciate your reply!

• Like 1