Menu

Inexpensive/free sites for practicing Spanish with native speaker?

29 minutes ago, Mom0012 said:

I don’t know how Spanish121 compares with italki as far as price goes, but we’ve used it happily for many years.

We've been able to find teachers who charge $7 per hour. This one teacher we are trying now is living in Venezuela; he has better internet connection than us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, crazyforlatin said:

We've been able to find teachers who charge $7 per hour. This one teacher we are trying now is living in Venezuela; he has better internet connection than us.

Oh, that is a really good price.  I just looked and we pay about $8 for a half hour.  My dd has a particular person she really likes working with right now at Spanish121, but if she wants more speaking practice over the summer or next fall, I will have her try out italki.

• Like 1

No experience with this since we live in South America. Regarding the teacher in Venezuela who is charging $7 USD per hour. That is more than the average monthly wage in Venezuela at this time. That is a Godsend for that teacher.

OT: We are in Colombia and have 50 Mbps Fiber service to the house.  Prior to that we had very slow ADSL because the phone company infrastructure was so old.

• Like 1