Menu

Streaming cardio recommendations?

KungFuPanda

I think I need some cardio in my life. I spend 8-10 hours in dance classes a week, but that's so stop and go. Dancing alone no longer seems to cut it. I’m 46 and starting to lose my waistline. I’m realizing that I get zero cardio and it would probably be good for me even if it doesn’t get rid of the spare tire.  

I have a home dance studio, so I have plenty of space with a forgiving floor. I also have some light weights and could use those. Is there anything non Amazon, Netflix, or Hulu that you love? Or can stand? I just need 20-30 minutes guidance to get my heart rate up and sweat a bit. 

I hate exercising alone, but I need to do something and my schedule won’t hold another class. I could do 20 minutes while DS is in the bathroom. I should con Dh into doing it with me since he works from home  😂 

Additionally, if you could recommend a decent multivitamin with iron I’d appreciate it. My doc wants me to start taking one. 😒 I’m also working to up my water consumption because I tend to dehydrate without feeling thirsty. That sums up my health deficits. Who wants to fix me?

Jessica Smith has tons of strength training, tons of cardio, tons of everything!

I buy digital videos through her website. The quality is professional and she has two ladies working out with her to show modifications for lower & higher impact versions. Sometimes I jump around with Beth and sometimes I keep it easy with her mom Debbie, but usually I follow Jessica in the middle. I just do the Walk On videos because I detest floor work. I use weighted gloves when I want to punch it up, but she had plenty of HIIT walks, turbo walks, and pyramid walks to get me into the cardio heart range. It’s much more whole-body than Leslie Sansone. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Either of these core strength training? I have the spare and the back up spare I would like to toss off.

The ones I mentioned above all have core workouts.  You can even go to youtube and just search for core workouts - there are so many great ones available! 

Thanks for all of the recommendations. I’m going to check these out. I can’t believe I didn’t even THINK of YouTube. I get lots of core stuff with all the bellydance classes, but I get very little cardio and zero weight training. I’m at an age where I should probably be including both. 

My private student cancelled this morning, so I guess I’d better pick one and get to work!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lecka said:

We subscribe to Amazon Prime and I do Jenny Ford videos that are included.  I got a step for Christmas and do her step routines sometimes.  

Before this I did the same 3 Denise Austin DVDs and 1 Tracy Anderson for about two years.  

You must have a very high tolerance for boredom!