Menu

Kitchen faucet opinions

Janeway

My kitchen faucet broke and I need to replace it. What broke is a mechanism inside the, the...what do you call..the handle thingy that you turn to turn the water on and off and to different temperatures. Point is, it is broken. 

Would love to hear what others have loved or not loved, liked, or whatever else, with their kitchen faucets or what they would like. We currently have a low arch faucet. My husband says let's take this need to replace it and get a high arch faucet. I kind of just like to stay with what we have. I know this is a frivolous post but thought it might be fun to hear what others like and such and see others people's ideas.

I have a higher arch and it makes it easier to put larger pots under it. I also prefer a single handle so I can turn faucet on / off with one hand instead of needing both hands while I am holding something heavy. Pfister has been a good brand for us.

• Like 2

I have a high-arch faucet, where you pull down the faucet to spray, KWIM? Single lever water control, on the side. Love it biggie bunches.

Also, we just finished a partial kitchen renovation (new quartz counters, new undermount sink, new backsplash. Well, backsplash isn't installed yet, but we've chosen the tile and have quasi-scheduled with the contractor to install). The sink is a single sink, black granite, with the drain on one side. I also love it biggie bunches. I wasn't sure I'd love the single sink, but yeah, love it.

We just replaced our kitchen faucet, and I had several criteria: 

Definitely need single handle.  It's such a pain to adjust water temperature every time with two knobs.  Two is okay for a bathroom, but not for a kitchen.  Never.  Uh-uh.

Need a high arch to facilitate reaching the single handle with the "other" hand, as well as to facilitate filling/rinsing large stock pots.

Need a sprayer.  I prefer separate side sprayers to the pull down kind, but that's just a personal preference.

I like having a built in soap dispenser, so I don't have to look at the ugly bottle.

Must be easy to clean. We have hard water, so I like clean lines -- no bumps or scrolls to catch water, no bronze to show spots.  

Here's what we got: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Delta-Bellini-Stainless-1-handle-Deck-Mount-High-Arc-Kitchen-Faucet/3139529  You can get the faucet with/without the sprayer, and with/without the soap dispenser.  I got it all.

We have Kohler faucets all throughout our house. I find them to be well built and long lasting, and they hold up well against our very hard water.

Our kitchen and mudroom faucets are both high arch. Love them. I often use big stockpots when cooking, and I scrub grain buckets in the mudroom sink every day. The high arch is so convenient for those jobs.

One faucet has a pull down sprayer and the other is off to the side, and I like them both.

I have a goose-necked (high arch) faucet and love it. It also has a sleek design with no grooves that get gross with kitchen gunk.  My laundry room has one too but it's horrible.  It has the goose-neck but the arch is too narrow so the water only comes out in one corner of the sink.  Does that make sense?  Since laundry rooms don't usually have faucets like that, I suspect that previous owner had that one in the kitchen, realized the poor design and switched it out.  

3 hours ago, solascriptura said:

I have a goose-necked (high arch) faucet and love it. It also has a sleek design with no grooves that get gross with kitchen gunk.  My laundry room has one too but it's horrible.  It has the goose-neck but the arch is too narrow so the water only comes out in one corner of the sink.  Does that make sense?  Since laundry rooms don't usually have faucets like that, I suspect that previous owner had that one in the kitchen, realized the poor design and switched it out.  

Our laundry room has a gooseneck style, but no sprayer. Does your laundry room one have a sprayer?

Another high arch fan here.  We remodeled the kitchen last March and put in a normal depth sink (old sink was shallow for a kitchen) with a high arch faucet with pull down sprayer.  Makes a huge difference even in washing regular pots and pans and filling deeper pots and the dogs’ water dispenser is a breeze. 

My mom just got one of those motion sensitive ones and had all her kids home for Christmas. One by one we all declared a passionate hatred for the thing. It kept going off without us meaning to and getting our arms wet. You put a bowl in the sink? It sprays you. You reach across the sink to grab something? It sprays you. And when you actually wanted it to turn on, it was harder to turn on because you had to get it just right. So we'd use the regular way of turning it on anyways. It was awful. She's going to replace it. Which is a shame because it was really fancy and not cheap, but man, it was the worst. Sorry I don't know the brand. 

8 minutes ago, MeaganS said:

My mom just got one of those motion sensitive ones and had all her kids home for Christmas. One by one we all declared a passionate hatred for the thing. It kept going off without us meaning to and getting our arms wet. You put a bowl in the sink? It sprays you. You reach across the sink to grab something? It sprays you. And when you actually wanted it to turn on, it was harder to turn on because you had to get it just right. So we'd use the regular way of turning it on anyways. It was awful. She's going to replace it. Which is a shame because it was really fancy and not cheap, but man, it was the worst. Sorry I don't know the brand. 

I have heard that about some! I have to say, we’ve had no problems. And if the tap handle has to be on for it to work without touching. So, for the most part, we use it normally (with the handle) unless we’re doing something messy. For example, when I start making supper, I’ll use it touchless throughout, or when rinsing dishes for the dishwasher. But I can honestly say, nobody’s ever turned it on accidentally - you have to be quite intentional about where you swipe.

Big arch, pull down handle, and higher flow option for filling big pots.

I did not want: motion or battery needed.  I do not want another thing needing regular maintenance, even something easy like batteries.  And I read about a lot of plumbers being called to fix motion things.