Menu

Physics SAT subject test after Clover Creek Physics

Anyone have any feedback on taking the SAT subject test in physics after their dc completed Clover Creek Physics. I am impressed with the class and think it's very solid. Ds is getting a low B so far so I am wondering if it is worth it to take the subject test.

Edited by summerreading

I explained here how my DS14 did it https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/651967-clover-creek-physics-morningglory-sat-physics-does-work/

My DS13 did not have any formal physics class before sitting for the sat Physics subject test. DS14 did a three day (few hours a day) test prep for him just before the test and DS13 also scored an 800.

ETA:

I assumed you meant Clover Creek and not Community College

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I explained here how my DS14 did it https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/651967-clover-creek-physics-morningglory-sat-physics-does-work/

My DS13 did not have any formal physics class before sitting for the sat Physics subject test. DS14 did a three day (few hours a day) test prep for him just before the test and DS13 also scored an 800.

ETA:

I assumed you meant Clover Creek and not Community College

Yes, Clover Creek!

Thank you 🙂

I did not mean I thought just taking the class was enough prep. I know we'd need to use a review book and take practice tests. I was just hoping people who actually had their dc take Clover Creek physics and took the SAT subject test could chime in how it went. First reply was helpful. Thanks all. 

Mine took Clover Creek and loved it. SAT subject test covers wider topics than the class. If you want to prep for the test, Giancoli book is a better text. I know that’s not the reply you want to hear, but it’s our experience. 

Again, much depends on your kid. If you have an overachiever, your experience might be different, but for a “normal” kid I don’t think her class is enough prep. Just my thoughts. You can ask Jetta herself and see what she thinks. 

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Mine took Clover Creek and loved it. SAT subject test covers wider topics than the class. If you want to prep for the test, Giancoli book is a better text. I know that’s not the reply you want to hear, but it’s our experience. 

Again, much depends on your kid. If you have an overachiever, your experience might be different, but for a “normal” kid I don’t think her class is enough prep. Just my thoughts. You can ask Jetta herself and see what she thinks. 

ok this makes sense. Thank you. Mine likes physics but he's not going above and beyond. I may just shelve this idea but still check out the practice tests anyway.

• Like 1