Menu

The Drama of Teen BOYS Teachers Lounge 2-1-2019

scrapbookbuzz

Happy February, all! And welcome to the Lounge!

At the moment you'll have to excuse the high testosterone in here. The teen boy (14yo) is all out-a-whack because he has theater rehearsal today (it's the 3rd week of class) and he's all out of sorts. One because he has yet to eat anything today and two, because he can't figure out the pauses in a certain song that he believes they're to have memorized today. I keep telling him he won't be the only one but of course, as his mom, what do I know? I know I know what I'm talking about but he's going to have to learn that on his own evidently.

Who's the drama king/queen in your household right now? Here: ds. Although sometimes I think it might be my husband although he doesn't really get loud. He just doesn't deal. *sigh*

Anyone ramping up for any Valentine's Day activities? Here: hadn't thought about it, really, until just now but I think I might have to just to snag some good deals on quality chocolate (not that Palmer junk).

What's for lunch? Here: I'm debating on making a run out for subs OR just cooking hamburgers here.

Talk to me!

• Like 1

Hi Scrap and Jean,

My 11 yo ds is always the high drama person here. I expect the next few years will be a wild ride. Praying lots! 

Kids will make cut-out cookies for Valentines, and may make some cards. Nothing big. 

Lunch was scrambled eggs with cheddar and ham. And the leftover coffee from earlier this morning. 

Snack was a choc chip-hazelenut cookie. 

Have a great weekend! Hopefully low on drama!

• Like 2

On the way out the door to said drama class, I remembered that toddlers don't get strangled because they're cute. So I said to my 20yo dd, "Why aren't teens cute?" She didn't know either! LOL

Ah, well. One day, probably long in the future, but ONE day, he will call me, probably while dealing with his own teen, and say, "Mom, I'm sorry. And thank you." I rest in the hope of that!

• Like 2

Drama comes from my 10yo. She can snap off one of her brothers' heads just for them asking to pass the eraser, lol. She's always had the tendency, and we've worked on coping and positive thoughts and stating calm, but, well, some people are just easier to set off, lol.

We are just making VDay cards for the home school group and a banner, but nothing else really planned. 

Lunch was sandwiches, good but I really have been wanting Mexican. 

Hello,

No real drama here.  Aspie teenager ds was dealing with some anxiety issues around the holidays but he wasn't really dramatic about it.  We're not overly dramatic or moody people here, maybe because we kind of just let each be and do our own things most of the time. We're a house full of introverts.  

No VDay plans.  Dh and I don't really observe beyond him making a nicer dinner at home.  We don't ever go out on the dinner holidays, too crazy and busy and dh is a great cook so we just stay home.  

Lunch was left-over homemade ham and bean soup.  Yummy

I am the drama person right now. 

Seeing the allergist on Valentine's day, lol!

Had GF chicken fingers (Perdue) for lunch. I probably had something else with it, but they are all that mattered, lol. It's been hard to find any that didn't have paprika in them, so they were a treat. 

Who's the drama king/queen in your household right now?

My husband has to go all drama king on the insurance and healthcare provider to get them to “rush” the authorization for my scan on Monday. It’s awful that we have to be the squeaky wheel to get things going. 

Anyone ramping up for any Valentine's Day activities? 

We are ramping up for Chinese New Year on Feb 5th, and it extends for 15 days of celebration so until Feb 19th. Rain is expected so it’s mainly whatever local indoors celebration activities we can attend.

What's for lunch? 

Chicken soup (chicken, carrots, broccoli, mushroom) 🙂 DS14 joked that chicken soup is bad by pointing to a Google result that says Campbell chicken soup isn’t good. Told him that’s why Campbell, Progresso, Hormel and other prepared soup are “banned” by my husband. 

Edited by Arcadia
Typo
  • Like 1

Teen boy drama?  Never heard of such a thing! 😜

Today is my oldest son's birthday!  He is 21.  He told me not to come visit.  😩  it is bittersweet.  I am so happy that this is the first quarter he has wanted to be independent and not have us visit, and sad because I would love to be with him right now.  

Youngest is 9th grade and has a girlfriend......need I say more?  Yup, DRAMA!

Who's the drama king/queen in your household right now?

It's a tie between DS and the cat! Both are prone to Big Feelings.

Anyone ramping up for any Valentine's Day activities?

Nope. February should be fairly quiet, and then March will be as busy as I can stand, or a little more so.

What's for lunch?

Leftovers (almond flour tortillas with ground turkey, etc.).