Menu

What's with the ads?

school17777

I was in an accident today

16 hours ago, school17777 said:

Yes, I am upset about the car.  We haven’t heard from their insurance yet.  I filed a claim.  When we have had an accident and we went through our insurance.  The ball got rolling right away.  Their insurance company said they don’t have to respond for a day.  If we got through ours, I would have already had a rental at least ready for tomorrow, if not tonight.  Other insurance company said I have to pay out of pocket and if they decide they are responsible they “may” reimburse my costs.

Just so you know everything with the other insurance company is standard.  They have to verify certain information regarding the other driver before they will accept liability (example: was the driver the owner/driving with permission of the owner, get their statement, etc.).  They gave you the answer of "may" because at the moment you spoke to them the only information they have is from an alleged injured party.  This case is pretty clear cut as you described it so I wouldn't worry about getting reasonable expenses reimbursed.

If you have not done so yet, you should see a doctor and get checked out.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ChocolateReignRemix said:

Just so you know everything with the other insurance company is standard.  They have to verify certain information regarding the other driver before they will accept liability (example: was the driver the owner/driving with permission of the owner, get their statement, etc.).  They gave you the answer of "may" because at the moment you spoke to them the only information they have is from an alleged injured party.  This case is pretty clear cut as you described it so I wouldn't worry about getting reasonable expenses reimbursed.

If you have not done so yet, you should see a doctor and get checked out.

Yes.  This.  It just takes a while for them to follow the steps required. 

• Like 1

(Hugs)

I hope you have no prolonged injuries.  Many people have pain later on, so continue to document. You should go to the doctor just for documentation, but frequently for accident purposes, the insurance may send you to their doctors.  

• Like 2

You did exactly the right thing- waiting in your car until you had time to process what happened. Being angry is totally understandable- jumping out of the car and yelling at the teen would not have been. You did the right thing. Not saying you would have yelled at her, but a lot of people do worse than that- they not only yell, they get physical.  

Hope you feel better today. 

• Like 2

Sending hugs!! A friend was rear ended and it took her a long time to not be panicked in the car.

Alley

• Like 1

I'm so sorry that happened but grateful that it wasn't much worse.  Hope you feel much better soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, displace said:

(Hugs)

I hope you have no prolonged injuries.  Many people have pain later on, so continue to document. You should go to the doctor just for documentation, but frequently for accident purposes, the insurance may send you to their doctors.  

This.

The driver's insurance really pushed for a settlement,  even while I was still being treated for an injury that wasn't apparent at the scene.   I still have intermittant pain three years later.

Contact your insurance.   That's part of what you pay them for. 

Phones...

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, school17777 said:

When said she was only going 15, he didn’t buy it and he also told her he didn’t see the ice she says was there.

When my DD had an accident and we ordered the police report, they had a section with what DD said and then another section of observations.  There was a comment that "existing evidence supported DD's version of events", including ice that was there.  So I think it will be okay, they make their own observations.  The extent of the damage tells much about how fast the person was going.

• Like 3