Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Ottakee

Sonlight Cookbook (2005) does anyone else have this?

One of my goals this year is to use up stuff in my pantry and try new recipes so I pulled out my Sonlight cookbook from 2005 (it certainly doesn't seem that long ago).  I was just wondering who else has this cookbook and has recipes in it.

IMG_20190131_094254156.jpg

• Like 1

I have that one!  You'll have to post if you try anything that's delicious.  I don't think I've used it in years.  

• Like 1

I have it too. I never did use it though. I bought it because I wanted to see the diversity of recipes and try something new. Then I put it in my cabinet and never opened it again. Now that I enjoy cooking, maybe I'll try something. Thanks for reminding me about it.

• Like 1

I have a banana cake in the oven from the cookbook right now.

Aztec chicken will likely be Sunday lunch.

• Like 1

I think I'll try the Texas Rice Salad on pg. 25. DH isn't home so I don't have to prepare a full meal. This sounds pretty good for something light. I have to leave out the cilantro though. I hate that taste. It tastes like soap!

• Like 1

I have one in storage I think.  I know I have a copy of the page with the English Muffin Bread which my family loves in a big stack of recipes.

• Like 1

I didn't know they had one! I was just going thru  the WTM recipes because of Quiver's cinn rolls and I had forgotten how many nice recipes are there; nice that SL had recipes, too. I think the best dishes often come from real families. 

I still have it!  I have a cherry blueberry pie recipe in there.  

I still have my copy!  I know we made several things that we liked....hmmmm...Oh! the Fire Crackers were a hit and also one of the chicken casseroles.

This shows that some of us have been around a LONG time.  The banana cake was a huge hit.

• Like 2

Looked through the book tonight.  I have an eggroll recipe marked up, and some of Melanie in WA's bread recipes.

I have one.  I'll have to see if it's that year.  Did they have more?  I didn't contribute.  We use the recipe for monkey bread.

Edited by myblessings4

I have one and have tried a few of the recipes. There are a few that I do fairly regularly. Love that cookbook! I need to try more recipes from it. As with most things, there are so many recipes that I want to try and not enough time.