Menu

Listen, Canadians, why didn’t ya’ll tell us about this show?  I love folksy character humor! It would probably be funnier if I could identify the politicians that cameo on it, but it’s fun. We’re all the way up to the Oliver gnome episode.  It’s just so wholesome and dorky. 😁

30 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

I may take a peek. Is it clean?

It’s very clean. It’s also very dorky, but if you hang in they grow on you. One of the first episodes I saw talked about something happening off camera during a fishing trip, but it was mostly silly and nothing that ‘racy’ came up again so far. Imagine they did Seinfeld in Mayberry and it was G rates and everyone was mostly polite. 

Yes! We just started watching Corner Gas (Amazon Prime) a couple weeks ago. Love it. Clean, dorky, fun. Neither dh nor I care for the actress who plays the mom, but everything else is great.

Other great Canadian finds - Schitt's Creek and Kim's Convenience (clean). Both on Netflix. Schitt's Creek is also on Hulu, including current season.

Oh, and Orphan Black. Not a comedy like the others, but WOW.

Canadians, what other great shows are you all hiding from us?

7 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

It’s very clean. It’s also very dorky, but if you hang in they grow on you. One of the first episodes I saw talked about something happening off camera during a fishing trip, but it was mostly silly and nothing that ‘racy’ came up again so far. Imagine they did Seinfeld in Mayberry and it was G rates and everyone was mostly polite. 

That sounds wonderful.we love dorky humor here. I’ll check it out. Where can I find it? Netflix?

2 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

That sounds wonderful.we love dorky humor here. I’ll check it out. Where can I find it? Netflix?

I think it’s amazon prime, but I have people who handle the remotes for me. It could be Netflix. 

• Haha 1

I was a fan of "The Red Green Show", so I think I'd like something dorky and clean from Canada.  Going to check these out.

Another Candanian show we enjoy is "The Travelers".  It's a serious show about people time traveling to the present to save the earth from future apocalyptic disaster.  It's a Netflix original.