Menu

Kids Fly Free on Frontier Airlines

mommyoffive

Thank you!!  I’ve gathered info for y’all reading this.

The membership is $59, one per adult ticket purchased, and only valid for these dates (and specific locations that I don’t know):

• February - 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
  • March - 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
  • April - 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30
  • May - 1, 4, 7, 8, 11, 14, 15, 18, 21, 22, 29
  • June - 1, 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
  • July - 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
  • August - 5, 6

also, frontier charges $35 for a carry on, so...  fees... 😕

Edited by Ailaena
  • Like 1

I think I found the problem with the calendar.

Frontier flies to the two cities I want to book the tickets to/from. Awesome! But it seems there is a glitch, or some kind of weird thing where they cannot fly me from city A to city B. I can fly from B to A, but not the other way. So the planes only return to my city, we can never leave. Spoooooky.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Only one free kid per adult ticket purchased.  With 5 kids it is still cost prohibitive to fly as a family

If you can be flexible with your dates and location you may find a good deal. We flew our family of 5 from Cincinnati to Denver round trip for under $500 including paying extra for reserved seats and two suitcases. That was a year ago in October but I’ve kept my eye on that route and can routinely find tickets that cheap on Frontier.

Certain cities just seem to be cheaper to fly to than others and the originating airport can make a big difference. My brother has to fly out of Amarillo, he never can get good deals.  Cincinnati can be a mixed bag, sometimes I can find deals and sometimes I can’t. 

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

If you can be flexible with your dates and location you may find a good deal. We flew our family of 5 from Cincinnati to Denver round trip for under $500 including paying extra for reserved seats and two suitcases. That was a year ago in October but I’ve kept my eye on that route and can routinely find tickets that cheap on Frontier.

Certain cities just seem to be cheaper to fly to than others and the originating airport can make a big difference. My brother has to fly out of Amarillo, he never can get good deals.  Cincinnati can be a mixed bag, sometimes I can find deals and sometimes I can’t. 

That is pretty darn cheap. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rachel said:

Denver is their hub (where we live) and we routinely get ridiculous deals. We are also Discount Den Members so $69 or $89 one way tickets to the east coast are NOT hard to find.  We routinely  fly 1x a year for ~$150 RT per person to PHL or MDT (Harrisburg) to see my parents. Their sales are ridiculous!!!!!  And I’m so thankful!  

Edited by LarlaB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hjffkj said:

Only one free kid per adult ticket purchased.  With 5 kids it is still cost prohibitive to fly as a family

If you guys ever want to go to Europe, SAS airlines has this deal usually once or twice a year where you can buy 1 adult ticket and only pay taxes on the kids ticket.  You get 8 kids free per adult ticket.   We did it last summer.  So worth it.  Plus it works on premium economy. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

If you guys ever want to go to Europe, SAS airlines has this deal usually once or twice a year where you can buy 1 adult ticket and only pay taxes on the kids ticket.  You get 8 kids free per adult ticket.   We did it last summer.  So worth it.  Plus it works on premium economy. 

I'll have to look into it because going to Europe would be amazing and we're trying to figure out what our next big trip will be, which will likely be next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

I'll have to look into it because going to Europe would be amazing and we're trying to figure out what our next big trip will be, which will likely be next year.

I will let you know if the deal pops up again.  It came up last May and you could book from August until April or May.   with some blackouts.  It hasn't come up again, but I think it will again in the next few months as it has happened yearly for awhile.

Anyway you can only fly to places SAS fly, but then you could book a low cost ticket some place else.  The adult economy ticket was less than $400 and then you just pay taxes on the kids one. 

We choose to fly PE and the taxes for the kids were under $80 I believe.  Oh and that is RT. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2019 at 8:59 PM, hjffkj said:

Just to let you know.  This deal popped in December, I missed it with Nutcracker tech week.  Ahhh.   But it most likely will be happening in April.

• Like 1

Kids Fly Free has been extended until November 13th, 2019

Kids must be under 14 years of age

Must accompany an adult on a Discount Den member fare. Discount den costs $59.99 annually. One free kids fare per adult fare

Deal only works on select domestic flights and cannot be combined with other offers or promo codes

Any changes you make to your flight will result in the loss of Kids Fly Free

Kids Fly Free is only available on the following dates:

February – 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27

March – 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27

April – 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30

May – 1, 4, 7, 8, 11, 14, 15, 18, 21, 22, 29

June – 1, 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26

July – 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30

August – 5, 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28

September – 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25

October – 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30

November – 5, 6, 12, 13, 19

From Doctor of Credit

5 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Just to let you know.  This deal popped in December, I missed it with Nutcracker tech week.  Ahhh.   But it most likely will be happening in April.

Please do let us know.  I would love to do one international trip with my kids.  Honestly, I am super confident in booking trips in the US, but TERRIFIED to book something to/in another country.  I would love all the guidance I could get!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rjand6more said:

Please do let us know.  I would love to do one international trip with my kids.  Honestly, I am super confident in booking trips in the US, but TERRIFIED to book something to/in another country.  I would love all the guidance I could get!

I will let you know for sure.    I was so upset I missed it, because I would have used it to do something on spring break.  It is such a great deal.  Most likely this deal will have dates that you can fly from the end of August (20th) until March 30th.  

The one that was posted in December had dates of Jan 8th until April 2nd. 

Even if it isn't flying to a country you like, you can always take a train or a low cost airline to where you want to to go.  

I think we felt like that a bit before we started too.  Everyone around us was telling us not to do it.  Don't take kids to other countries, don't because of the ages of your kids, don't because of the size of your family, and on and on.   But we did.  And we are so glad we did.   I will tel you there is nothing to be terrified about.   Book something and post here and everyone will give you lots of advice and help.   Then go and have a great time.  Every country we have been to is wonderful and the people have been so kind.   We love traveling internationally.   Every time you do it you will get better and learn more, which will make your next trip easier.