• 41-50 Degrees
    • 51-60 Degrees
    • 61-70 Degrees
    • 71-80 Degrees
    • 81-90 Degrees
    • 91-100 Degrees
    • 101-110 Degrees
    • Again?! Get a LIFE!

In the interest of fairness -- and to give the Florida folks a chance to get even -- what's "hot!! to you?! It has to get down to freezing temps here for me to feel it, but I'm miserable all summer -- and yes, it's the humidity. I never felt like this in California, even though the outside temp was the same or higher. When it hits the high 80s here, I hate it -- and I know I'm in for a looooooong three months. We've been here ten years now, and I'm still a sweat machine all summer, enjoying "the air that you wear." All the other ladies look fresh and pretty while I'm a glob of sweaty miserableness. :lol:

in fact, we've been having weather in the 80's this week. Our summers are so long and hot. It's not unusual to go weeks without a day under mid-90's, and plenty of days over 100F. So I'm "used to" hot weather,but I hate the heat! For me, once it gets over the mid-80's, I'm too hot. It's miserable getting into the car on a summer day. The steering wheel can burn your hand. During the summer, I have to run the cold water for several minutes before cold water actually comes out. For the first minute or two, the water is hot enough to burn your hands, just from sitting in the pipes under the house.

Michelle T

It's 80 today in Orange County Ca. Which would be fine if we had a break once in a while. Too much of a good thing! Tomorrow I'm going to Chicago so I think I'm in for a shock. It's actually going to snow in my girlfriends town tomorrow night. I have never seen it snow. So exciting... I think:)

I presume you are measuring in Fahrenheit??

I consider it hot at about 38oC which is 100 oF. we don't have any air conditioning. so we stop doing school work when it reaches 38oC. 40 oC is just too hot, and is best spent reading a book, or swimming. though mostly when it is that hot we are on bushfire alert, and rushing around preparing for the worst.

the heat here is very dry, just like stepping into an oven.

Edited by melissaL
spelling

I grew up in New England but I've spent the last 17 yrs. in Nashville. I think my blood has thinned because as soon as Nov.hits, I start complaining that it's cold. I hate the cold, it makes my bones cold. I plan to stay in the house until the end of April and I've already announced that to my family. BUH! ;)

What says hot to me is mostly humidity. I can take it up to 80F if it's not humid. It's hot beyond that and if we didn't have AC we wouldn't do school.

I cannot take the humidity here in the summer. It makes me very cranky. An 80F day in NC in July is very different from the same day in MI. And, even if you get a hot, humid day in MI at least you know there's a storm coming to break the humidity. Here, it just gets worse. Bleah.

What says hot to me is mostly humidity. I can take it up to 80F if it's not humid. It's hot beyond that and if we didn't have AC we wouldn't do school.

I cannot take the humidity here in the summer. It makes me very cranky. An 80F day in NC in July is very different from the same day in MI. And, even if you get a hot, humid day in MI at least you know there's a storm coming to break the humidity. Here, it just gets worse. Bleah.

Earlier this summer we were musing on what the humidity in the desert would be. I couldn't conceive of anything below 65% so we figured the desert certainly couldn't be lower than that. We get chapped lips here around 65%.

In summer here, temp sits around 122 ( which is 50 deg celsius)...it gets hotter than that though!

Generally June- Sept, it is 110 + ( all day, everyday)

I hate it as, humidity is really high then too. YUCK :tongue_smilie:

From Nov until March is OK,( no humidity) but then it gets HOT again

Here in Perth Western Australia it gets hot for weeks at a time- well over 95 F, up to 115 sometimes, but it's a dry heat, the beaches are beautiful and not very crowded usually, we have air conditioning at home and in the cars, so I am not complaining. If it was humid too- I would be complaining.

In summer here, temp sits around 122 ( which is 50 deg celsius)...it gets hotter than that though!

Generally June- Sept, it is 110 + ( all day, everyday)

I hate it as, humidity is really high then too. YUCK :tongue_smilie:

From Nov until March is OK,( no humidity) but then it gets HOT again

Wow, I didn't imagine the UAE as humid. Our humidity is normally in the high 70's (we have a weather thingie) to mid 80's. When it dips to the 60's (and a norte blows through) we all get chapped lips and figure this is what the desert is like. :) Our Winter runs late November to early March also, but we've been known to start the A/C in February also. Last night the temperature dipped into the 60's and I seriously thought we'd die. No furnaces here so we just suffer. I actually got up at 5am because I just couldn't get warm. I think hot chocolate is on order today for the kiddos along with atole and pots of hot coffee for me. Brrrrrr!

I have really come to enjoy the heat but June-October we take afternoons off from about 2pm to 5pm. Only way to get through the day. We're also right on the water too and that makes a huge difference.