Menu

Could the timing be any worse? Jury duty

Lady Florida.

I've been called to jury duty once in my life and was picked for a jury trial that one time. Dh gets called about every 2-3 years but has never been chosen. This is one of those years. He got called for this week - today is his first day.

Why is this a problem? Because WE HAVE HAMILTON TICKETS FOR THURSDAY! I sat at my computer for SIX HOURS for the chance to get those tickets and didn't actually think I'd succeed. When I was on a jury there were days we went as late as 5pm. We have to leave for the 8:00 show around 5:30. We just live about 45 minutes from the venue but we're only mildly familiar with the area and there's a ton of construction in downtown Orlando so I really want to give us plenty of time. I have a parking spot in a city garage reserved but I still think it's going to be a mess. There's an Orlando Magic basketball game the same night and traffic for that will be in the same area.

Even if you have no interest in Hamilton, even if you're anti-Hamilton as I know some here said they are, you have to admit the timing of his summons couldn't be worse. Well, it could. It could have come during the time our little Emma had her heart surgery (she's through it and fine btw, she's a regular wonder woman). So I guess this is the second worst possible timing. 

I know I have no right to complain about this first world problem, but it's still frustrating and will have me biting my nails until we leave here on Thursday. 

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2