Menu

mid year report

daijobu

My daughter has had some positive things happen to her (an award and something else) since she submitted her common application.  Do in include these in the common app mid year report?  Or does the student report them to her schools directly?  Would she email an admissions person or is there some other method?  

There is also this question:

"Do you wish to update your original evaluation of this applicant?"

Would I include this new info in that field?  Thanks!  

All IMO:  I would have your dd submit an update to her admissions counselor via email. If she doesn't have an admissions counselor at a particular school, I'd have her email admissions with the information and ask them to update her file with the good news. I wouldn't do it myself as the counselor in the midyear report.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, daijobu said:

My daughter has had some positive things happen to her (an award and something else) since she submitted her common application.  Do in include these in the common app mid year report?  Or does the student report them to her schools directly?  Would she email an admissions person or is there some other method?  

There is also this question:

"Do you wish to update your original evaluation of this applicant?"

Would I include this new info in that field?  Thanks!  

This happened to my oldest 4 years ago.  He included the awards in the mid-year report the schools wanted him to complete.  As the guidance counselor, I did not mention them.  Having said that, I don't think it would hurt to mention it as the guidance counselor, too.

• Like 2

Many schools will want a counselor's midyear report, so I would do that, but I would not mention the various awards (or whatever it is that she has achieved.) As RootAnn suggested, I'd have her e mail that directly to the admissions counselor (or whatever the school's route is for updating applications.) This will show her continued interest in the school.

• Like 2

Now I have another question.  On my transcript for each class I have one column for a grade for each class, whether that class is one semester or a whole year.  My daughter took a class that has recorded a semester grade for her and she will be continuing into the second semester.  I'm not sure whether to include it on my own transcript or label it as "in progress."  I don't want to be inconsistent with her other unofficial transcript from the vendor.  

I set up dd's transcript the same way, so I will tell you what I did. Most of DD's classes this year are year-long. For the fitst-semester ones, I put down her grade. For the rest, I left it as IP (in progress). However, I included a cover sheet that included the semester grades for the year-long classes and her gpa including those classes. This would have been where I would have noted any changes to second semester classes,  too, if she had any.

• Like 1