Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Work
  • Pack up some dishes (This has been on my list for a week.  I finally decided to just stick the box on the dining room table and pack a little each day, as best I can, and hope that by this weekend, it is packed.
  • Still sick, so probably won't do much more than that
  • Like 5

Good morning!

We got a lot more snow last night and it is just about up to my knees now. My dogs are thrilled that we're getting a brief reprieve from subzero temps, so they can run off some energy outside - they've been cooped up in the house for days.

• school w/dd
  • office work (bills & filing)
  • extra bedding in stalls to prepare for very low temps
  • dust main floor & upstairs 
  • use magic eraser on smudges (trying to keep our new paint job looking good)
  • clean upstairs bathrooms
  • text farrier
  • order new dog bed & blueberry tea
  • dinner: tacos, rice, and slaw
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 4

Good morning! We woke up to about three inches of snow- so dh will take the car to work. Regular Monday here- my hands and wrists are sore from putting together dmil's table and four chairs from Ikea. I still have her desk to do, but that will be on Wednesday.

• coffee/paper (after I dig it out)
  • write
  • school with ds3
  • emails/texts
  • bills
  • chores
  • grocery list
  • write to ds1
  • ds3 to tennis
  • pick up ds3
  • figure out dinner - bbq chicken sandwiches? Pasta?

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Good morning! 

Done:

• Breakfast etc.
  • Register for Angleina Stanford's class for next year. So excited about this! 
  • Get kids started on school stuff. 

To do:

• school  
  • Quick grocery run for 5 things. Snow day prep! We need milk for cocoa and butter to make cookies, since snow is forecasted for tomorrow.  
  • Pay bills! This must be done today!
  • Ds to/from swimming
  • Early dinner so kids can climb with Ds' pack tonight
  • Clean bathrooms. 
  • Finish deskwork. 

Dinner - fish, broc, potatoes

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Cleaned kitchen.

On my third load of laundry.

Got rid of the last pile of decluttered books.

Texted the farrier - looks like we'll have to wait until the weather calms down next week. Also texted hay guy to make sure he received the check I mailed.

Placed order for tea and two new dog beds.

• Like 4

I was up all night until 5:15 - my kid had wanted to wake up and study, so I figured I might as well just stay up until she was up.  Then I went to bed, got up long enough to send the kids off to school, and went back to bed until noon.  (I did send out some work and personal  emails from my cell phone in between.)

So now I'm getting back in to the swing of things.  I have a couple things that are sort of urgent / stressful, and then I just have hours and hours of mundane work.

• Like 5

I'm back from my weekend trip to SC.  We bought a house!  And things are moving along here at my FL house. Still to do today:

-deal with HVAC guy (he has been "diagnosing" my unit for 2 hours - this unit is less than 2 years old and I think is a lemon)
-pick dog up from kennel
-explain again to DS14 that no, I am not cooking dinner tonight and there is plenty of food he can fix for himself

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Pink and Green Mom said:

I'm back from my weekend trip to SC.  We bought a house!  And things are moving along here at my FL house. Still to do today:

-deal with HVAC guy (he has been "diagnosing" my unit for 2 hours - this unit is less than 2 years old and I think is a lemon)
-pick dog up from kennel
-explain again to DS14 that no, I am not cooking dinner tonight and there is plenty of food he can fix for himself

Wow, where are you moving to?  Anywhere on the beach?  I have friends with SC beach houses.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Pink and Green Mom said:

-pick dog up from kennel

Congrats! What's your new house like?

• Like 3

Just now, Pink and Green Mom said:

I wish.  Leaving warm, sunny, 5 miles to the beach FL for way too inland Greenville, SC.  Job transfer for DH.

oh, well, phooey!  I was thinking something like Hilton Head or Kiawah.  I was imagining you lounging on your lounge chair in your backyard aka: private beach.

Greenville is nice though, for being inland and all.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Selkie said:

Congrats! What's your new house like?

Its a great 4 bedroom, 4 bath home in a gated neighborhood.  Only about half an acre (was also looking at one that sat on an acre but it needed a TON of work and we are not good with that).  This house doesn't need a thing done to it other than trimming back some of the landscaping in the front yard.  I'm so excited!  There are 5 or 6 families from DS17's school that live in the same neighborhood, including a kid on his baseball team.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Pink and Green Mom said:

Its a great 4 bedroom, 4 bath home in a gated neighborhood.  Only about half an acre (was also looking at one that sat on an acre but it needed a TON of work and we are not good with that).  This house doesn't need a thing done to it other than trimming back some of the landscaping in the front yard.  I'm so excited!  There are 5 or 6 families from DS17's school that live in the same neighborhood, including a kid on his baseball team.

That sounds perfect!!

• Like 2

Congrats on your house, Pink and Green! 

Done:

• graded physical science
  • cleaned the humidifier
  • laundry is in the dryer
  • Ds is at the pool. 
  • Returned a movie to the library.
  • Dinner prep.
  • Ate some chocolate. 

Next up:

Clean a bathroom, maybe two.  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Worked outside for a couple hours: Paddock & stall cleanup, put down 12 bales of bedding, busted ice in buckets, fence repairs (these high winds have been hard on my fencing), took some pictures of the horses in the snow. It looks like a snow globe out there today, so pretty!

Came in and ate lunch, talked to ds20 on the phone, and texted ds18 to remind him that tuition needs to be paid today.

Dh is out plowing our lane for the second time today.

• Like 2