Menu

TMI - Ladies - Prolapse or something else Q

Joker

I'm not sure what's going on and have gone to the dr and looked online so now thought I would ask here. A few months ago (and then again today) while going to the bathroom I noticed some sort of lump at my vaginal opening. It is small and pink. It went away rather quickly (like a day). I went into the doctor a month later for my annual and he didn't see anything abnormal and thought maybe it had just been a cyst. It happened again tonight. It doesn't appear to be attached to a side or anything - just kind of in the middle. Not protruding fully but just kind of there. No pain or anything. I am ovulating and have only in the past few months been able to tell when I am. I will have some cramping or spotting or just feel ugh for a day or two during. I'm also in my early 40s so I don't know if this could just be my new normal? When I went to the dr he did say I have a mild prolapse but he also said it's probably been there since my first delivery 19 years ago because it was rather traumatic so I'm not sure what to make of it all. 

So, if it's some kind of prolapse do those sometimes just come and go? I haven't noticed it at all since the last time which was around October. I'm freaking out a bit again but mostly just not fond of getting older at the moment. 

I had forgotten about it, but I'm pretty sure I had something like that years ago, maybe a year or two after I had a baby? I didn't have it long and it just went away by itself. My gyn didn't see anything abnormal.

I used to get cysts occasionally, but they were always on one side or the other. 

I wouldn't worry too much if you just had an annual.

Edited by MercyA

Just thought of something. I'm pretty sure that during the time I had something similar, I was also dealing with some hormone-related atrophy. WAY TMI, and please don't quote, but atrophy basically just means things are drier and the tissue in that whole area shrinks up some. From what I understand, vaginal atrophy can make a prolapse that was already there more noticeable. 

Thankfully even though I am much older now, I no longer have that problem. Go figure. I didn't want to use a product with estrogen, so I used Replens at the time and it helped tremendously. Just something else to consider.  

Don't quote! :blush:

Well, I suppose it could be some sort of prolapse (bladder or uterine).  The cervix is lower at certain times of the monthly cycle..could it be related to that? Making a uterine prolapse more obvious?

TMI but after dd2 was born I had a...thing. It looked like a small...tongue...hanging out. It was just a spot that overgrew after things were healing down there. Easy fix - in office -- it never returned. Just another option. 

I have a uterine prolapse and when it first became noticeable in my mid-40s, it was like you're describing. It would kind of appear and then disappear for awhile, only to reappear again. Hormone shifts cause things to move around in there. Mine was like that for a couple years and then got progressively worse, to the point where it is now noticeable all the time - which is unfortunately very common. I'm 49 now and biding my time waiting for menopause to hit, because uterine prolapses will sometimes improve after menopause. I would like to avoid surgery if at possible because of all the horror stories I've heard.

Check out the Whole Woman website - it has been very helpful to me.

Oh, and it can be hard to get diagnosed with a prolapse. If you're lying down during the examination, things tend to fall back into place, so the doctor isn't able to see the extent of the problem.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KathyBC said:

I guess you could glove up if it's an issue

Me? No, I just need everything to be exactly where it's supposed to be. I have childhood trauma and anything unnatural in the area is blown up in my mind. I almost passed out when I found out what an episiotomy was. My prolapse had me crying for days. But menstrual cycles, teA, spelunking? All fine. I just need everyone to stay in their assigned seating until the flight has landed!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Well, I suppose it could be some sort of prolapse (bladder or uterine).  The cervix is lower at certain times of the monthly cycle..could it be related to that? Making a uterine prolapse more obvious?

TMI but after dd2 was born I had a...thing. It looked like a small...tongue...hanging out. It was just a spot that overgrew after things were healing down there. Easy fix - in office -- it never returned. Just another option. 

OK, I love you and don't take this personally. But I can't resist:

If I had a small tongue down there, I'd never leave the house!

I'll be here all week...tip your waitresses and try the veal...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, unsinkable said:

OK, I love you and don't take this personally. But I can't resist:

If I had a small tongue down there, I'd never leave the house!

I'll be here all week...tip your waitresses and try the veal...

BAD!

4 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Aww, I'm sorry, @Slache. Hugs. 

God is good. 🙂

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MercyA said:

@alisoncooks, please don't take my laughter personally, either. I had a similar leftover from my one and only delivery, so I know of what you speak! 

No offense taken, lol. At the time, I was freaked out. Now it's like, just file it under weird crap the human body does. 

And for the record, it only *looked* like a tongue. Sorry to disappoint. 

• Like 2