Menu

What's with the ads?

Arcadia

Breast cancer diagnosis 2nd opinion? (Updated 18th June)

Good news 🙂 Original lump was > 5cm

“malignant mass which demonstrates significant interval decrease in size now measuring 2.0 cm AP x 1.2 cm RL x 1.8 cm SI.”

I’m using public WiFi as kids are in summer classes so I am intermittently surfing the boards. (ETA: I meant my WiFi connection is unstable as I am walking around and using public WiFi)

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Good news 🙂 Original lump was > 5cm

“malignant mass which demonstrates significant interval decrease in size now measuring 2.0 cm AP x 1.2 cm RL x 1.8 cm SI.”

I’m using public WiFi as kids are in summer classes so I am intermittently surfing the boards. (ETA: I meant my WiFi connection is unstable as I am walking around and using public WiFi)

That’s great news! I will keep praying for you. I hope you are feeling okay. 

• Thanks 1

I am so glad that you got good news. Sending you love and prayers for healing. ❤️

• Thanks 1

Statistically I believe that's considered a VERY good decrease!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m so glad!  Decrease sounds significant!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

Statistically I believe that's considered a VERY good decrease!

I don’t know what the statistics are but the original lump at first MRI was 3.2 x 4.4 x 5.8 cm.

40 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I don’t know what the statistics are but the original lump at first MRI was 3.2 x 4.4 x 5.8 cm.

That is a very significant decrease in size! YAY!!!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Arcadia said:

My layperson's understanding, at least for the type of cancer DH has, is that an increase/decrease of 30% is what generally really catches an oncologist's attention. What I'm not clear on is if they simply compare the largest points (probably not) or do some sort of complicated volume/perimeter calculation (more likely, I'm guessing). But either way -- your decrease seems really huge!!

• Like 1

That's great news! I hope you are feeling better.

I don't remember if my own doctor ever answered the question on whether a lump can grow to 3-5 cm within a year. That's always in the back of my mind how fast it happens. I never had a mammo until the doctor felt the lump, which was smaller than yours but still large enough to be shocking that it could grow to that point. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, crazyforlatin said:

I don't remember if my own doctor ever answered the question on whether a lump can grow to 3-5 cm within a year. That's always in the back of my mind how fast it happens.

My KI67 was high on the PAMF report which means my lump is supposedly faster growing. I think my lump first became obvious around October and it felt like dead tissue from an impact injury. First MRI was on Feb 1st at Stanford and was about the same size as estimated in early January during my well women checkup. My guess is that it grew about 2cm from October to January. While my oncologist monitors the lump size with regards to chemotherapy,  it is my oncologist surgeon who is more concerned and detailed/specific about the lump size with regards to surgery.

• Like 1

That is quite a decrease in size! I hope that you are feeling OK.

• Like 1

Thinking of you, fellow warrior! 

• Like 1

Side effects are usually bad for 10 days after each chemo. Saw something amusing at Trader Joe’s just now 🙂

10354374-FEB8-42EC-B800-5F9C581EE320.jpeg

98E81301-F6A0-4604-BB7A-BD1CB054E152.jpeg

7D361B22-50C7-4AF2-A3D9-3FCF9A73FA2A.jpeg