Menu

I joined Grove Collaborative and it was 85% because the Jenkins woman is so hillarious!

Ginevra

I cannot even believe I did this because I don’t really do this kind of thing, but I signed up for a delivery household products company. I do prefer to use cleaning and health hygiene products that are light on the earth and kind to animals. Have you seen the lady from Juggling the Jenkins? I think her name is Tiffany. I adore her! She’s so hillarious! So real and down-to-earth. No wonder evebody loves her. 

Anyway - has anyone here done Grove Collaborative? I got a bunch af really nice bonus gifts free with my first order. 

• Like 1

She’s funny.  

I have heard why too many stories on issues with canceling/holds on auto shipments with grove.  To the point, one of the groups I read recommends using a visa gift card with them.  Also, I find I get stuff cheaper at target/amazon/Jet. 

If you have hard wood floors, try jet’s hard wood floor cleaner.  It has a light cherry almond scent and cleans well. 

Edited by itsheresomewhere
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

She’s funny.  

I have heard why too many stories on issues with canceling/holds on auto shipments with grove.  To the point, one of the groups I read recommends using a visa gift card with them.  Also, I find I get stuff cheaper at target/amazon/Jet. 

If you have hard wood floors, try jet’s hard wood floor cleaner.  It has a light cherry almond scent and cleans well. 

Oh my. I really hope I don’t have problems. That was one of my big worries. I had decided the convenience factor was probably worth it to me, even if that would cost a bit more. 

12 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

She’s funny.  

I loooove the scent of that floor cleaner. And my kids get such kick out of squeezing and mopping it. Everyone wins.

When I signed up, I missed the memo that you get put on auto shipments. It was really irritating to figure out how to stop it - I only need so much cleaner concentrate and handsoap, kwim? I did manage it, though.

I also found it's true that you can find stuff cheaper elsewhere.

But it's also true that those initial bonus gifts are really cool! Enjoy!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavender's green said:

I loooove the scent of that floor cleaner. And my kids get such kick out of squeezing and mopping it. Everyone wins.

When I signed up, I missed the memo that you get put on auto shipments. It was really irritating to figure out how to stop it - I only need so much cleaner concentrate and handsoap, kwim? I did manage it, though.

I was wondering exactly how that’s going to go, because yeah...I’m only going to need so much laundry soap and makeup remover. So I will want to adjust the delivery so they don’t keep inundating me with cleaning products. 

19 minutes ago, lavender's green said:

That scent is so nice and light.  Reminds me of the original jergens lotion but not so strong. 

• Like 1

I was a beta tester for Grove and I'm still a member a few years later.

I wonder if it's more clunky to use through an app on a phone, because I manage my account at my computer and I have had no issues figuring out auto-shipping preferences.  I get an e-mail every month alerting me that it's almost time for my Grove package to ship and do I want anything else added to my order.

So then I log in and see what's in my cart.  I pretty much have all my regular cleaning supplies loaded into my cart every month, and then I go through and remove the things that I have plenty of and won't need. A few items, like toothpaste and Zarbees Elderberry Gummies pop up in my cart every other month- you can set the frequency of each item individually.

It's also super easy to just remove everything for that month and get nothing.   It's equally easy to set your cart so that the things you truly will need every month will automatically be put there every month. 

I regularly get Molly's Suds sport wash for my DS's dance clothes- I can't get that on the shelf anywhere local to me.  The already mentioned elderberry gummies and Jason toothpaste is always in my cart.  I really like their Grove exclusives too.  I bought the bottle brush to clean canning jars and I love that when the time comes that the brush needs to be replaced, I just order a new head for it instead of a whole other brush.  I like the scrub brush for cleaning grout/tile, and I love the glass pump soap dispenser.  I got their apron at Christmas time- I don't use an apron often, but when I pull it out it makes me smile and I don't feel all frumpy wearing it. 

I regularly order Mrs. Meyers and Method products through them.  I figure it's keeping me out of someplace like Target where I'm guaranteed to wander the store and spend WAAAY more than I intended, so it's worth the extra little bit it might cost me.  They also get the seasonal scents in regularly and a lot of stores around me don't.   They have been offering more freebies lately when you spend so much- so that's been fun to see.  I hope they keep doing that. 

I've never had a cleaning product bust open during shipping either.  They are hand packed by one of their employees, and even though it's pretty much *just* cleaning supplies, I enjoy getting my package every month.  

Edited by Lady Marmalade
  • Like 1

I went the other way because I found that I was seeing at least two or three mommy vloggers on FB start hawking Grove Collaborative and for some reason it totally turned me off. Like the people were funny-ish and then any time I saw them in my feed it was just commercials. And more power to them for making money, it just brought out the cynic in me because it was so obviously just targeting this mommy demographic selling products to clean and organize your home and the whole schtick was previously about how those moms were a hot mess, couldn't keep it together, etc. Sometimes I am too cynical for my own good I think.

• Haha 1

Here's the page you're looking for to adjust how frequently things are sent to you.  It's your Subscription page, and once you add something to your cart, it's added to the subscription automatically.  Then you can choose from the drop down menu every 1-6 months for an item OR you can tell them to remove that item from your subscriptions.

grove-subscription-e1548459875354.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every time I've ordered from them I needed to contact customer service about something that I've always considered a web fluke, but I think for the things you can't buy elsewhere it's great. Customer service is great and always solves things for me pretty quickly. I really love the stainless steel cleaner I get from them.

I have found that Method products got MUCH cheaper at Target shortly after Grove started sponsoring YouTube videos.  Target also discontinued Caldrea products around the same time, and usually the cheapest place to buy them is Grove vs 3rd party sellers on Amazon. I've also heard really good things about the Grove brand hand sanitizer from a couple people. I will say the sponsorship deal must be pretty good, even the makeup gurus on YouTube all do at least one clean with me sponsored by Grove, and then usually repeat monthly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lady Marmalade said:

Here's the page you're looking for to adjust how frequently things are sent to you.  It's your Subscription page, and once you add something to your cart, it's added to the subscription automatically.  Then you can choose from the drop down menu every 1-6 months for an item OR you can tell them to remove that item from your subscriptions.

grove-subscription-e1548459875354.png

Thanks so much for that info. I’ll be sure to enter using a regular computer instead of mobile app. 

I regularly order Mrs. Meyers and Method products through them.  I figure it's keeping me out of someplace like Target where I'm guaranteed to wander the store and spend WAAAY more than I intended, so it's worth the extra little bit it might cost me.  They also get the seasonal scents in regularly and a lot of stores around me don't.   They have been offering more freebies lately when you spend so much- so that's been fun to see.  I hope they keep doing that

This is a very good point. You know I’m never going to go into Target and buy just two cleaning products and some vitamins! Target isn’t even very convenient for me; I always combine it with Costco and other errands because it’s 25 miles away. 

10 minutes ago, Katy said:

Quill- Please link the video you're talking about. I went to YouTube to search and when I typed in her name "Grove Collaborative" popped up afterwards, so I must not be the only one searching for it.

This is one of my favorites and it’s not directly related to Grove. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

She’s funny.  

It took me the better part of a year to finally get it cancelled.  It would be 'cancelled' and then I'd get another email notification that my cancelled order was shipping, and be charged yet again for something I didn't want. To make it even more annoying, it was going to an old address so I wasn't even getting it! The website crashed for me every time I tried to change, update, UNSUBSCRIBE, contact customer service, etc.   FINALLY got someone to actually answer my emails and got it resolved in about 8 minutes. What a hassle. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Quill,

You might enjoy company is coming by Chris Fleming. 

Accurate. My son just said, “That’s you!” 

This is about how I was when the bank appraiser came. 

8 hours ago, EmseB said:

I went the other way because I found that I was seeing at least two or three mommy vloggers on FB start hawking Grove Collaborative and for some reason it totally turned me off. Like the people were funny-ish and then any time I saw them in my feed it was just commercials. And more power to them for making money, it just brought out the cynic in me because it was so obviously just targeting this mommy demographic selling products to clean and organize your home and the whole schtick was previously about how those moms were a hot mess, couldn't keep it together, etc. Sometimes I am too cynical for my own good I think.

You’re not alone. This kind of saturated marketing does generally annoy me and would not get me to try something new. It was absolutely just the free, familiar products that got me in... to try something new, lol.

A Bowl Full of Lemons is also a sponsor/affiliate/whatever, and that lady has never been a hot mess at anything, fwiw.

Though nothing in my giant box spilled, the crazy cold did give me some condensation issues once I sat everything out. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EmseB said:

In most cases, this is my reaction, too. In fact, I usually resent it when a blogger I used to like becomes product placement hawker; then I just think they are sell-outs. 

I had a different reaction with the Jenkins lady. I find her so hillarious and it seems to come to her very naturally. I watched her do a live unboxing ad-thing and, even though I knew it was sponsored, i still just find her so funny and spontaneous. 

• Like 1

I haven't tried cancelling entirely, but I have cancelled or postponed my shipments right at the very last minute and have had no issues with them. So far some of our favorite things from them are their private brand, especially their hydrating bar soap.  I generally get a shipment every 3 months or so, but get larger ones when I do. I had one item arrive leaking and they replaced it without a hassle.

• Like 1