Menu

What's with the ads?

Executive Assistant

Texas folks: Get paid to help Susan Wise Bauer at a conference!

Susan Wise Bauer is coming to Frisco, Texas for the Wild + Free conference this February https://www.bewildandfree.org/frisco. We are looking for one or more enthusiastic Well-Trained Mind fans to help her out!

You will:
--Help to staff our booth on February 16th from 8:30 AM to 5 PM
--answer questions about SWB's books and Well-Trained Mind Products (Story of the World, First Language Lessons, etc)--you don't have to know all the answers, but experience in using our books is strongly preferred
--take payments for product purchases
--help us take down the booth and pack up the books

You'll receive:
--Payment for your time and work
--Lunch
--A special filter that makes all of your Facebook posts look like they were written by Susan Wise Bauer*
--Your own 5-gallon bucket of 100% organic Peace Hill Farm sheep poop, flown to Texas from Virginia in Susan's carry-on bag**

Respond to this post to apply!

*not really.
**super-duper not really, because of "airlines" and their "city folk" with their "regulations about manure."

I can't believe Texas folks are not falling all over themselves to do this. I'd strongly consider it, but I have not used any of SWB's books, because I think I had graduated both my dc before she wrote the first one (I did send a copy of TWTM to my dd when her baby was born, so there's that).

Oh goodness, I’m not in Texas but have been considering flying in for this conference. 

I’m certain someone will jump in and help. 

• Like 1

I would absolutely love helping out, but I'm not good at explaining things when people ask questions.  I would totally be able to explain myself the next day, though...

Edited by myblessings4
  • Haha 1

I am a maybe. It is possible for me to get there. Dh says he could handle the kids that day. I know WTM inside and out, or I should say, have worn my copies out from so much use anyway. I am currently using WEM and the The History of the Medieval World and The Story of Science.  We've done WWS I 1.5 times (or something close to that, lol,) SOTW 1-4 a couple times all the way through, have read through WWE a little. But it would be a really long day with my driving. But I could do it. I kind of want to. Would love to meet Susan.  

Edited by 2_girls_mommy
  • Like 2

Btw, just a thank you to Susan. I forgot to cook dinner tonight. No lie. We were seriously having such a good discussion about a chapter of The History of the Renaissance World and a chapter from The Story of Science. The kids were all busy painting and working on art projects while we read aloud and talked. And then the preschooler started getting nutsy and interrupting a lot. And I realized it was really really late, and we had just been reading and reading, and she was probably starving.  

Yes, I eventually did feed my kiddos. I usually do. But that's a good day of reading, when nobody is asking for food, all thanks to Susan. 

Edited by 2_girls_mommy
  • Like 6

If you have not already found someone let me know. I have used most of the curriculum since my children were small. I’m not as vocal as some of the wise mammas on here, but I’ve been on these boards since the old flip boards back in the day. 

HI! Have you guys made a decision on this yet? I need to make my Saturday plans for that weekend, and have been waiting to hear what you all decided! 

Sorry to bug you!