Menu

Homeschool Blog Wish List

I'm not sure if this is the correct board for my question, but I'm dropping it here anyway. One of my goals for 2019 is to begin blogging on a regular basis again. I've read lots of comments here on the Hive about how homeschool blogs aren't what they used to be or aren't addressing issues that you see as necessary and relevant. So if you wouldn't mind, tell me what would make a homeschool blog one that you would enjoy reading and that you would find helpful.

TIA

I'm always looking for ideas for science experiments and history projects and I find most of my ideas from bloggers who share those on pinterest...so I don't think that blogs have "gone down-hill." 

So, if you have an activity you did that you loved, please share it on your blog.   If there was something that helped you, it's bound to have helped someone else.    Think about what the strong points of your homeschool is...share about that and you'll be fine.   🙂

Also, whatever curriculum you use...if you have found ways to supplement it, tips on how to use it,  or if you have encountered problems (your child just really didn't understand the lesson in chapter 13, for example) and figured out how to get around those problems, others who homeschool with that same curriculum will appreciate the advice.

Also, I always appreciate detailed curriculum reviews.   Things I go to ask about on boards like these, which I think would also be helpful on blogs, is comparison's between curriculum you've used.   Everyone's needs are different, but understanding why something worked or didn't work for someone else helps me figure out whether it would work for our family.

Edited by goldenecho
  • Like 3

Detailed curriculum reviews, but only on curriculum that you've actually used. One of my pet peeves is trying to find opinions on a product and dredging up reviews that are basically letting everyone know that blogger was sent item free of charge, all opinions are her own, and... oh wait, she actually hasn't used it for longer than two weeks, but it's a great curriculum and the blog reader really should buy it! 🙄

• Like 5

On 1/21/2019 at 8:09 PM, mykidsrmyjoy said:

Detailed curriculum reviews, but only on curriculum that you've actually used. One of my pet peeves is trying to find opinions on a product and dredging up reviews that are basically letting everyone know that blogger was sent item free of charge, all opinions are her own, and... oh wait, she actually hasn't used it for longer than two weeks, but it's a great curriculum and the blog reader really should buy it! 🙄

Yep, that is so annoying. 

I like seeing other schedules and routines that work for them. Both homeschool and how they make the rest of life work with homeschooling. When I get in a rut or need to make a shift, its hard for me to see what that should be. But I can see parts of other's schedules and see that, yes that might work for us, let's give it a try!