Menu

Notgrass History

Jess4879

The text book, obviously, each kid needs a timeline and mapbook and we do the lesson review. Personally, I do like “Our Creative World” because it is a bunch of primary source material, but it does add more reading. Ideally, if I had only one or two kids who were motivated, I would take a day or two per lesson and do all the things. But, I have 4 kids who struggle and it’s hard just to get math done, Kwim? So, we do what we can. I’m really hit-or-miss with the literature. We didn’t do the lit with “From Adam to Us” but we did do it with America the Beautiful and I was glad I did. The lit choices in that book were really really good.

• Like 1

Notgrass did not have this offer at the stage we needed world history so we did core 6 & 7 with sonlight and most of the books offered by Notgrass for this we read and i would highly recommend them...  So if you think it is a lot of reading...you could  break the reading up and do the whole thing over 2 or ever 1 1/2 years of school time or do some of the reading as a read aloud time. Marne

• Like 1