Menu

I'm going on a holiday :-)

Melissa in Australia

I am going in the middle of the night tonight.

I am going to be kid-less  and DH-less for 6 whole days 🙂 

I am going to look after my grandmother for 6 days while her partner has surgery and is in hospital. 

I am so excited.  I have only had in the last 25 years overnighters away from everyone (not including time in hospital) and that has only really been for specialized training for the twins

My grandmother is pretty excited as well. 

• Like 30

I am back.

Nan and I had a ball. I don't drive in Melbourne and she cannot really walk. So I pushed her in a wheelchair. She said she hasn't really been out of her house ( out of a car) for more than 5 years. we went for walks, we went window shopping and we went to many op-shops. She will probably sleep for the next week recovering. but boy did we have fun.

We got a flat tyre on the wheelchair one day while we were out. We walked to a petrol station and pumped it up 🙂  (as you do) we must have walked over 6 km that day through suburbs admiring trees.

• Like 15

On 1/24/2019 at 4:21 AM, Melissa in Australia said:

I am back.

Nan and I had a ball. I don't drive in Melbourne and she cannot really walk. So I pushed her in a wheelchair. She said she hasn't really been out of her house ( out of a car) for more than 5 years. we went for walks, we went window shopping and we went to many op-shops. She will probably sleep for the next week recovering. but boy did we have fun.

We got a flat tyre on the wheelchair one day while we were out. We walked to a petrol station and pumped it up 🙂  (as you do) we must have walked over 6 km that day through suburbs admiring trees.

You tell that Nan of yours that she doesn't have to fall and get hurt to have you come back to visit, lol. 

I'm glad you had fun, but sorry she's hurt. Also, I'm dying of curiosity - what's an "op-shop"? That's an australian term I am not familiar with. 

have a great time.  

the first time I had an away by myself, was when dudelig was two and a half.  he had been so intense and run me ragged, dh sent me off for a few days at a local B&B.  he also had 1dd go with me.   now my vacations are going off to play with my grandson.