Menu

One semester online US History or Government class?

2 hours ago, skimomma said:

The Government class is listed as a single semester.  But it is only offered in fall. I need spring.  Blurg.

If you’re talking about Thinkwell, they are asynchronous so can be started at any time. My question was: can Thinkwell Government be completed in one semester? Only someone whose student has completed it could answer as it is scheduled for 35 weeks. Would the workload be too much to do it double-time and finish in a semester?

Edited by fourisenough
Grammar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fourisenough said:

If you’re talking about Thinkwell, they are asynchronous so can be started at any time. My question was: can Thinkwell Government be completed in one semester? Only someone whose student has completed it could answer as it is scheduled for 35 weeks. Would the workload be too much to do it double-time and finish in a semester?

Interesting.  I did get my providers mixed up.  FundaFunda is fall only and one semester.  I have no experience with Thinkwell but it does appear to be a year-long class although it could be done in one accelerated semester.  Since I would be choosing between this and a DE class which likely covers the same amount of content, it may be workable for us.

• Like 2

I think U.S. Government is always a one semester course?   I will ask my DD later. She took it from TTU K12 (formerly TTUISD) which is Asynchronous.

Back in the  days, very very long ago,  when I was in High School, U.S. Government was my favorite course.  I don't remember the name of the teacher but looking back, he must have loved the subject and teaching it.  I enjoyed attending his classes.

21 minutes ago, Lanny said:

I think U.S. Government is always a one semester course?   I will ask my DD later. She took it from TTU K12 (formerly TTUISD) which is Asynchronous.

Back in the  days, very very long ago,  when I was in High School, U.S. Government was my favorite course.  I don't remember the name of the teacher but looking back, he must have loved the subject and teaching it.  I enjoyed attending his classes.

Thinkwell’s course is definitely billed as a full year course with a 35-week lesson plan. 

There are very few ‘always’ statements about homeschooling that prove accurate 100% of the time!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, skimomma said:

Interesting.  I did get my providers mixed up.  FundaFunda is fall only and one semester.  I have no experience with Thinkwell but it does appear to be a year-long class although it could be done in one accelerated semester.  Since I would be choosing between this and a DE class which likely covers the same amount of content, it may be workable for us.

FWIW, we did Thinkwell as a full year, supplemented with a could of big extracurriculars (participating in the local youth court volunteer program and a trip to Close Up in DC/NYC.) I don't recall it being super heavy and could possibly be compressed to a semester.