Menu

favorite games for grades 3-5

kfeusse

I run a library program that includes about 5-10 kids grades 3-5.  They like to play games, so I am looking for some good games that would work with that many kids (plus a couple adults who help me).  We have played picwits and that was fun.  But need some other ones.  Thanks.

HUGE IMPORTANT PIECE OF ADVICE:

Never, ever open up a game for the first time at the session. Instead, whoever is presenting the game should read the rules beforehand. It is a good idea if more than one person does this and they play a sample game or two together first - often, rules look incredibly complex until you actually play the game. It may even help to watch a YouTube video. Never, ever, ever open a game for the first time when the kids are there and fidgeting. NEVER.

I also strongly suggest that you invest in some of the following: Card sleeves (to protect cards), dice trays (to prevent wayward throws), chit trays (exactly the same as dice trays, but you use them to hold stray components during the game)

Do all kids have to play the same game at the same time, or is it acceptable to have two groups?

• Like 4