Menu

The Good And The Beautiful

Can anyone tell me how long it generally takes this company to ship out their physical products? I've been waiting a week and have already contacted them and got a song and dance about not being open weekends which is understandable, but at that point it had already been 5 days so I didn't understand why the order hadn't shipped before they closed for the weekend. Their websites states they ship in 48 hours. I don't want to cut my nose off despite my face, but my husband is getting antsy and talking about claiming a refund through paypal. 

Thanks, I wonder if because the parcel is going out internationally it make a difference, I can't imagine it would. I'm just frustrated I need the items or I wouldn't have ordered them and the waiting just to know my package is in the mail is actually very upsetting. A week seems a long time for my package to be posted in.

Are you sure it hasn't shipped at all, or has it not just arrived.

International parcels can take a lot longer to arrive, they can easily get held up at the border.  I once ordered a milking bucket and the held on to it for quite a while - three weeks maybe -  (plus charged me a heap of duty!)  

I had a shipment from a different company recently, going from the US to Canada, and the guy told me that sometimes their stuff would be held up at the border - they shipped with UPS.  In the end it came very promptly, but you can't count on it.  I'd tend to allocate two weeks to things coming from the US to elsewhere before worrying something might have gone wrong.

7 hours ago, Bluegoat said:

Are you sure it hasn't shipped at all, or has it not just arrived.

International parcels can take a lot longer to arrive, they can easily get held up at the border.  I once ordered a milking bucket and the held on to it for quite a while - three weeks maybe -  (plus charged me a heap of duty!)  

I had a shipment from a different company recently, going from the US to Canada, and the guy told me that sometimes their stuff would be held up at the border - they shipped with UPS.  In the end it came very promptly, but you can't count on it.  I'd tend to allocate two weeks to things coming from the US to elsewhere before worrying something might have gone wrong.

6 hours ago, Bluegoat said:

Oh - the other thing is, there can be reasons items take longer to get in the mail - if they are on backorder, or if its an item that is produced only once it is ordered.  

Good gracious, I'm very aware of how international parcels work! My items have not shipped, it's as simple as that. IF my items are on back order that is NOT what the company has told me.

6 hours ago, OKBud said:

Write them and ask. They're very happy to help ime.

I did, when the items hadn't shipped after the first 5 days. I got a song and dance about how the company ships in 1-3 days and isn't open on Saturday. I thought that was a bizarre answer since I ordered on USA Tuesday time and, yes it was Saturday USA time that I was asking but didn't explain why the 4 previous days my parcel hadn't gone out. I was informed that I would be notified via email when it went out and would recieve a tracking number, and another song and dance about how it can take a whole week for that tracking number to get updated due to the distance between 2 US cities. Then I was told that the warehouse was up to snuff on the orders and mine would likely go out on Monday.

It is now Thursday where I live. It has been more than a week since my order was place. I still have no tracking number. No email confirming shipping. I will be contacting them again, but I feel frustrated because their "help" wasn't at all helpful the first time.

I've had that happen with other companies.  They just aren't prompt about filling out the customs form or taking it to the post office.  The one company I had it out with because in addition to waiting 3 weeks to ship, they charged me double the shipping!  Their reasoning was that it was "overseas". It was an APO address, so it's not like I was even paying for international shipping.

I hope things turn out well with TGTB.  You may want to drop them a public note on their Facebook page with a specific timeline of order/email/etc. to speed up the process if they don't respond well to a second one.

• Like 1

So, I finally spoke with someone else through the company. I'm not sure why I didn't get an email to say it had shipped, nor am I sure why the last person I spoke with gave me such a song and dance. In fact, everything she told me about my parcel is just mind boggling because the woman I spoke with today informed me that my parcel left their facility on the 9th and is already in my country. 

Mystery solved. Not sure why the last lady didn't tell me that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Crazy story, but my parcel arrived at my front door yesterday. I wasn't expecting that, had I gotten a shipping notification I would have never contacted them or started this post. For me, I expected it to take a couple of weeks to get t me, which is why I was so stressed it hadn't been posted yet. Or rather, I presumed it had no as I never got a shipping notification about it. On the upside it's here, and I get to pour over it today! 

• Like 2