Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Indigo Blue

Could someone compare Chi flat irons to a less expensive brand?

I've only ever had a Chi. I've had it for years and years. It's no longer working properly. I need a new one, but they are so expensive. Is there an alternative that is just as good? I don't want to fry my hair. If there isn't a good cheap one, I'll just hold out for another Chi. That is, if that's probably the best thing to do.

Have you priced them lately?  They have really gone down in price.  I can tell the difference between my chi and my moms cheaper one.  

• Like 1

They seem to be about $80.00. I'm not sure if Sally Beauty Supply even carries Chi anymore. I'm afraid some of the ones on Amazon could be fake. Hmmm...

I got my CHI at a JCPenney salon with a JCPenney coupon. I saved 30%. I have not found anything cheaper that's just as good as CHI. I've not tried any other pricey brands. 

• Like 1

I follow Kate from The Small Things Blog for all my hair stuff. She's a former stylist-turned-blogger and she does a lot of product reviews. You might try looking at her site and seeing if she recommends anything similar. She often does low, medium, high-end categories when she is testing products.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, guilfordlake said:

I follow Kate from The Small Things Blog for all my hair stuff. She's a former stylist-turned-blogger and she does a lot of product reviews. You might try looking at her site and seeing if she recommends anything similar. She often does low, medium, high-end categories when she is testing products.

Thank you for this. I'm looking at her You Tube channel right now and she has many videos that seem really helpful. I'm going to follow her. I'm terrible with hair and need all the help that I can get. 

• Like 1