Menu

vent warning . . . some people . ..

gardenmom5

I've been selling some odds and ends on ebay.   sometimes I wonder if it would just be easier to send it to goodwill . . .

I have one item, incl. an add-on, which is brand new, never used or even taken out of the box.

I got an offer for what would have been halfprice - when I don't even know if what I'm asking for shipping would cover it.

frankly - I'd rather send it to goodwill, because at that price, it's not worth my time.   

after I declined her offer through ebay, she messaged me wanting to know if I would accept ___ amount - which was the same as the offer through ebay that I had declined.  I'm positive it's her.  I pointed out - she's free to bid/offer through ebay's page . . ..

I have a lot of stuff I'm trying to decide if it's worth my while to list, or just send to goodwill.  (I miss my fabulous children's consignment store.. they retired after 30 years.)  at least there's a homeschool bookstore I can drop curriculum/games at . . . 

• Like 1

I think everyone’s price point to sell on eBay is different.  You need to decide for yourself (after expenses), what yours is.  Is a $2 profit ok?  Is $10 ok?  Is it x percent of your costs ok?

Almost nothing is worth me selling on eBay.  But, we are drowning in clutter and my goal is asap so I can function better day to day.  I am saddened by a loss of potential income, but I’m more frustrated to have a dysfunctional home.

Donating, to me, also helps me avoid the mental “better deal” mentality.  I already know I’m not recouping costs, plus now I don’t have to calculate exactly how much I could’ve made if it sells for a certain price vs a different price.

• Like 1