Menu

Life 360....driving me crazy!!!!

kfeusse

Many of you guys have said you have the Life 360 app for tracking abilities and like it.  But either we are doing something wrong or something because we are about 50/50 with it actually working.  My husband, this morning stood right by me, turned on the app and data on his phone and it looked like it was going to work...but it's not tracking him.  The other day, I did the same thing with my daughter...it didn't track....but then just yesterday, it did.  

I need a tracking app that will work ALL OF THE TIME...and this is frustrating. Do we need to subscribe?  Is there another one that might work better with our phones (we all have androids)...

I am open to all suggestions.  thanks.

This is one of the reasons all five of my family members now have iPhones. FindMyFriends and FindMyiPhone are my go to apps. I tried Life360 for a while when our youngest had an android. It worked sometimes. I didn't want to hassle with it. So, we got her an iPhone when she got her driver's license. Gotta' have a good locator app, IMHO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ravin said:

We usually just use Glympse added to a text, or FB Messenger now lets you share location. 

how do these work?  What I am looking for is an app that will just run on my daughter's phone so I can, at any time, check my app and know where she is.  I know that some she would have to remember everytime to turn it on or whatever...and I didn't want that.   But maybe that is something that is not available for android.

1 hour ago, kfeusse said:

how do these work?  What I am looking for is an app that will just run on my daughter's phone so I can, at any time, check my app and know where she is.  I know that some she would have to remember everytime to turn it on or whatever...and I didn't want that.   But maybe that is something that is not available for android.

These work by one person sending the other a text or message with a location tag included. My DD knows she is expected to keep us informed of where she is going. 

Another thing you can do is turn on the timeline feature on Google Maps. It gives Maps permission to keep track of your location, so that you can go in and look at the history of where the phone (and therefore, presumably, the person it belongs to) has been. It also gives you your live location if you look at "now." All you need for that is to have timeline turned on in your DD's Maps app, and access to her Google account on a computer at home. No separate app required. 

5 hours ago, kfeusse said:

Many of you guys have said you have the Life 360 app for tracking abilities and like it.  But either we are doing something wrong or something because we are about 50/50 with it actually working.  My husband, this morning stood right by me, turned on the app and data on his phone and it looked like it was going to work...but it's not tracking him.  The other day, I did the same thing with my daughter...it didn't track....but then just yesterday, it did.  

I need a tracking app that will work ALL OF THE TIME...and this is frustrating. Do we need to subscribe?  Is there another one that might work better with our phones (we all have androids)...

I am open to all suggestions.  thanks.

We have had a glitch or two in 2 years but that is all. It works great for us.  Maybe it is your carrier? IDK.  But I doubt the paid version will work if the free one doesn’t. 

1 hour ago, kfeusse said:

We use Life 360. 3 androids one IPhone. Works great for us. 

• Like 1

hmmm....dont' know then.  It finally kicked in when my husband was coming home...but until he started home I didn't know if he made it or not to his destination.  My carrier is verizon. 

guess I will keep hoping it might work...but I am not holding my breathe....thanks. 

Just now, kfeusse said:

hmmm....dont' know then.  It finally kicked in when my husband was coming home...but until he started home I didn't know if he made it or not to his destination.  My carrier is verizon. 

guess I will keep hoping it might work...but I am not holding my breathe....thanks. 

I have Verizon too.  I would suggest uninstalling it and reinstalling.  If it still doesn’t work I would contact their support services at life 360. 

One time I looked at it while Dh was on his way to work.  It showed him at a holiday Inn on the way.  I stared at it for like 20 minutes contemplating a divorce when it suddenly jumped him 20 minutes down the road.  We laughed and laughed.  😕

also my sons girlfriend and my sons close guy friend live a block part...I have both of those locations named—say Sue and Bob—and I think Life 360 gets confused on that one.  It will literally jump back and forth between those two locations.  

All in all though I works great.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Martha in GA said:

We use Life 360 on androids. You have to have the wifi enabled for it to work properly. 

maybe that is the problem...hmmmm...we will be aware of that...thanks.  But why would that be...I mean...wifi won't work while you are on the road....so why does it matter if it's on or not?  Just confused.

Edited by kfeusse

There are several possibilities here.   Possible issue with a radio in a phone, for one example.  I would try another phone. One of our neighbors is an Electronic Engineer for a large provider here. He told me a few  years ago that Samsungs and Motorolas connect best to their cells.  Our family uses Motorola Android phones.  

Another possible issue could be with the provider and sketchy Data coverage, although with Verizon I would doubt that is the case in populated areas.

The Location in the phone should be turned to the highest accuracy.

And then, yes, it is possible the OP has an issue with the App and she should contact their Support and explain the issues and the phones that are involved (make and model) and the provider.

And if the WiFi needs to be turned on, where there is no WiFi coverage, that may be a glitch in the App or it may be intentional, because Android phones will use WiFi and not Data, if WiFi is available, to reduce Data consumption.