Menu

Rice paper/spring rolls?

alisoncooks

Do you make these at home? I'm trying to find ways to eat more veggies, and this on my "lunch ideas" list. 

Do you have a favorite filling combination? Healthy (homemade or store bought) dipping sauce? Do you eat anything with it, as a side? (Fruit or steamed edamame or...?)

Please share your favorites!  Thanks. 🙂

7 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Do you make these at home? I'm trying to find ways to eat more veggies, and this on my "lunch ideas" list. 

Do you have a favorite filling combination? Healthy (homemade or store bought) dipping sauce? Do you eat anything with it, as a side? (Fruit or steamed edamame or...?)

Please share your favorites!  Thanks. 🙂

OK, so, no lie...

My college roomie was Caucasian and Japanese and her mom taught her to make them with iceberg, bologna and cheese as a filling. LOL. Her mom adapted available ingredients (that her husband would also eat) to the formats she was used to. It wasn't half bad TBH.

Personally, I like them the way my (blended family) friends had them. Shrimp, avocado, lettuce and cilantro or rice noodles with Asian BBQ pork, shredded carrot, cucumber and cilantro.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 1

Yummmm. My daughter lives off these and has a zillion ways of making them. She really tosses together stuff we happen to have at home and creates them on the spot, most of the time. Veggies, rice noodles, bean sprouts, rice, any kind of meat... it's all been tested at some point!

I make the same old stodgy ones, but I love them. I just use shredded chicken, add enough greek yogurt to sort of hold it all together, chop up some walnuts and celery and toss in some raisins to make a chicken salad sort of filling. Sometimes I'll add in some crisp lettuce when I roll it all together... sometimes not.

• Like 1

They are kind of like enchiladas or soup--just throw in whatever you have on hand. Lol

I usually use baked tofu, julienned carrots and red bell pepper, cabbage, green onion and so on. Serve with peanut sauce. 

They are a summertime heat wave staple for us. Fast, simple and cold.

• Like 2