Menu

s/o What's in your house salad?

AmandaVT

Reading the house salad thread made me hungry and wanting to see pictures. So, in case I'm not alone, here's a picture of my salad from tonight. I mixed it up and instead of feta, I used little cheddar bites, which are tasty and we had pickle slices so I added those too. 

If you're eating a salad today, share a picture! 😋

IMG_0029.jpeg

• Like 5

I was also inspired by that thread, and not only made a salad tonight, but even ordered a salad spinner from amazon!😂 My salad was grape tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow bell pepper, chick peas, feta, and a dressing (made in the bottom of the bowl!) that was EVOO, lemon juice, glug of Dijon, S&P. 

08695A47-648B-453E-96B8-5D6EECFE6070.jpeg

Edited by mmasc
  • Like 4

I had a salad tonight - power green mix (1st salad) and roasted, slivered almonds and caesar dressing with a piece of shnitzel on top.  Then I still had dressing left over but no more kale/spinach mix so out came the iceberg lettuce from taco night last week.  More almonds and it was dessert!  Sorry no pics.  But it hit the spot!

• Like 2

I was also inspired by that thread and looked back at it today before shopping for salad ingredients! I'm too lazy to take a picture, but it's  my usual spring mix and homemade garlicky dressing, along with zucchini, black olives, corn, sunflower seeds, and cheddar cheese. 

Tomorrow I'm already planning on a BLT salad: bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese, sf seeds.

• Like 1

I have been eating salad like crazy since that thread!  With breakfast I had mixed baby romaine,  arugula, and baby spinach with feta, olives, and pepitas.  Dressing was hemp oil, dijon, lemon juice, and s&p mixed in the bottom of the bowl.  YUM.  I may have it again with lunch! Hemp oil is so good.  It's  kind of like a nutty tasting olive oil.

• Like 1