Menu

Looking (again) for movies/series in french

madteaparty

We have Netflix and prime, and DS also has a kanopy account. He had to watch a few for his french civ class but I’m not sure I can recommend those 😒. Last french movie I watched with him and really enjoyed was Chocolat (the 2016 clown one, not the Juliette Binoche one). He has already seen Les Revenants. I’m not really interested in watching English language movies in french. 

Thanks for any recommendations! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 7:28 AM, 8FillTheHeart said:

I don't know if you can find it, but my Dd and I went to a presentation about Un Village Français and it was winning high praise from the Francophones there.

Yes, I remember now I started watching this by myself on hulu a while back...It would be OK I think. Not nail biting thrilling, but engaging enough. Thanks for bringing it back into my radar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 2:27 PM, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

La Vache (2016) won a bunch of awards... we have it but haven't managed to sit down and watch it yet!

We watched this this week (here,A Man and his Cow), it was cute.

I found this link and while I’ve seen some of these in the theatre when they came out, and some should be rated R or above, some good ideas...

https://www.talkinfrench.com/29-days-french-movie/

• Like 1

I thought of some others, although they are popular enough that they have all probably been seen or are known about:

Amelie 

Long dimanche pour les fiançailles

... both with Audrey Tautou.  Long Dimanche has some content that might be worth previewing (both realistic war scenes and some light adult scenes)

edit: French spelling.  😄  

Edited by Monica_in_Switzerland