Menu

Programmable robots

I'm not sure if it is challenging to code, but my son had requested an Otto bot for Christmas.  My other son had it 3d printed and we bought the electronics.  The plans are free and it is based on using Ardrino which is a stepping stone to Raspberry Pi.  I like it because it is a combination of programming and building.  He does it for fun as I really don't understand it much and whenever I make it into "school" he loses interest.  I wish all learning could work like this 

We were first introduced to Ardrino at a maker faire like event.  Aso my oldest son has worked with it in college.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Blossom'sGirl said:

I'm not sure if it is challenging to code, but my son had requested an Otto bot for Christmas.  My other son had it 3d printed and we bought the electronics.  The plans are free and it is based on using Ardrino which is a stepping stone to Raspberry Pi.  I like it because it is a combination of programming and building.  He does it for fun as I really don't understand it much and whenever I make it into "school" he loses interest.  I wish all learning could work like this 

We were first introduced to Ardrino at a maker faire like event.  Aso my oldest son has worked with it in college.

I just looked it up, it's so cute! Did you own a 3d printer?