Laundry.

Kids' work.

Kid to gymnastics.

Kids to bed.

Work.

Whatever I'm forgetting.

• Like 6

• Work- yuck!  Don't feel it today!  
  • Make a list for son of chores to do.  I have a list for the week, but need to give him just today's for today  
  • order new shower curtain for upstairs shower- decided to go shopping this week instead
  • 30-45 min. of packing when I get home to keep the momentum going- 20 min is all I could muster today
  • Clean up, vacuum, etc....oldest son's room- company coming Fri to stay in there (will do some each day until Thur)- 
  • Contact contractor and find out when he is coming back- this is frustrating!  And he is the realtor's husband, so you would THINK he would want to follow through so his wife could make some $$ by the sale of our house..... (but no response yet)
Edited by DawnM
  • Like 6

Good morning.  Well, we have a contract on our house!  It is $8k less than we wanted but at this point I don't care. It has become obvious that DH and DS17 being in SC and me and DS14 being in FL isn't going to work out so it was worth it to us to take the money and run so to speak.  DS17 is doing well in school making friends (which has me relieved beyond doubt), but this school doesn't do nearly as much handholding as his old one and he is missing assignments already.  DH is working so much and just doesn't have the energy or desire to get home at 8 and deal with schoolwork.  I really need to be around DS17 to make sure things don't fall through the cracks.

-coffee
-see if we can find the nearest library so DS14 can work on one of this three papers due this week (ugh, and tomorrow is a 9 hour car trip back to FL in the midst of all these papers due for WTMA on Friday)
-make sure DS14 works on his other papers due this week as well as his other schoolwork
-go see one last house in SC for the second time before we decide which house to make offer on (of course DH is having cold feet on all of them)
-sign some papers with DH in front of a notary
-try to get some reading done
-dinner
-get ready for trip home tomorrow (dreading 9 hours driving with me being the only driver and having the dog - he is getting too old for travel)

• Like 6

Well, I got Dd up early to do math hw corrections, but she is such a slow-poke that she's been up 45 minutes and hasn't done anything except read the handout. She's had mocha and a bagel. 

School -busy week!  

AHG things  

Take Ds to stuff: swimming, bball game, Cub Scouts.  

Dinner is sandwiches because we'll be out and around. (Dh has a meeting.) Chili mac or leftover bean soup for lunch.  

Set my alarm! Registration for an event that fills fast is tomorrow.  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Congrats, Pink and Green! I hope you find a house you love!    

I was in bed and asleep by 9:30 last night, so am actually feeling pretty rested. I guess I should do that more often instead of my usual plan of reading until the wee hours and then spending my life being dead tired.

• figure out why my keyboard is being glitchy
  • school w/dd                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • laundry - lots of it
  • empty garbage cans
  • vacuum - the whole house needs it, but upstairs is the worst so I guess I'll start there
  • clean upstairs bathrooms
  • cut up vegetables and make salad
  • call vet to get appt. for Adequan injection
  • place Stateline Tack order
  • fill big water tank 
  • straighten up my perpetually messy pantry - the electrician will be doing some work in there on Wednesday, so I need to get it to a less embarrassing state
  • water plants
  • dinner: Kung Pao noodles and broccoli
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 5

Morning!

I have two sick kids (bad head/chest cold); one of them is the preschooler, who is a miserable drama queen when she is sick.  She didn't sleep well last night, so neither did I.

(edited!  three sick kids...)

So, for today:

MAKE BIG HONKING POT OF COFFEE

Keep sickies hydrated, medicated, and napped, while dealing with the bored bits of resting.

Educate the other ones..

Figure out how to get one child to piano lessons (ask around for a ride for her), since I need to be home.

Finish filling out calendar (need to reschedule some dr appts made last year)

Make pizza dough for supper

Call friend who wasn't at church yesterday--check in to see how she is.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Good morning! Great news on the house, Pink and Green! It will be such a relief to get settled! I have lots of little things I need to get done today and I realized yesterday that I leave for VT with dmil on Thursday. Ack, ack, ack. ds3 did schoolwork last night, so he could stay up to watch the Australian Open. He is still sleeping.

• coffee/paper
  • emails/phone calls/calendar
  • laundry
  • school with ds3
  • clean kitchen
  • general pickup
  • ds3-tennis
  • figure out dinner
  • pick up ds3
  • watch tennis with ds3 and dh

Have a great day!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Pink and Green Mom said:

Good morning.  Well, we have a contract on our house!  It is $8k less than we wanted but at this point I don't care. It has become obvious that DH and DS17 being in SC and me and DS14 being in FL isn't going to work out so it was worth it to us to take the money and run so to speak.  DS17 is doing well in school making friends (which has me relieved beyond doubt), but this school doesn't do nearly as much handholding as his old one and he is missing assignments already.  DH is working so much and just doesn't have the energy or desire to get home at 8 and deal with schoolwork.  I really need to be around DS17 to make sure things don't fall through the cracks.

-coffee
-see if we can find the nearest library so DS14 can work on one of this three papers due this week (ugh, and tomorrow is a 9 hour car trip back to FL in the midst of all these papers due for WTMA on Friday)
-make sure DS14 works on his other papers due this week as well as his other schoolwork
-go see one last house in SC for the second time before we decide which house to make offer on (of course DH is having cold feet on all of them)
-sign some papers with DH in front of a notary
-try to get some reading done
-dinner
-get ready for trip home tomorrow (dreading 9 hours driving with me being the only driver and having the dog - he is getting too old for travel)

So exciting!  How long did it take to get a contract?

$8K less is not bad.  I don't know how much we will list for, but I expect to get around $25K less than asking just based on comps and what they listed for vs. how much they sold for.

• Like 4

Did two loads of laundry - lots more to go.

Cleaned the kitchen about three times.

Did a lot of vacuuming. We are replacing all the light fixtures on our main floor, including the 30+ recessed can lights. The boys removed the old cans today and 21 years of dust and dead bugs came down with them. 

Shoveled manure, groomed my horses, ordered a new salt block holder for one stall.

• Like 4

Well I finally did a whole exercise series (just the slow stuff - yoga & a little strength stuff).

Corresponded with the kids' driver re this week's schedule.

Got more or less ready for the day, ate something and took some vitamins.

Cleaned some clutter and washed the dishes.

Made a chiropractor appointment for myself.  (Tomorrow afternoon.)

Caught up with my emails, other than the 154 items in my work junk box which have accumulated in the past 2-3 days!

The kids will be home in a few minutes.  I have a ton of work to do, but hopefully the kids can take care of their own homework for now.

Must remember to do the laundry before it gets too late.

I also have some school forms due tomorrow ....

• Like 4

Did Japanese - had a small medical crisis - finished Japanese (had a long 10 minute esophageal spasm in the middle of my lunch at Chick-fil-A.  Not exactly the highlight of my day.  Dh thinks that I'm low on magnesium.)

Went to the Container store.

Went to Target.

Went to Safeway.

home to unload everything and put stuff away.  Steelhead trout for dinner tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Dawn, we went on the market Dec. 8.  So about 5 weeks.  We got an offer from the first people to come through the house at $50k less than asking.  Um, no.  Traffic was about 2-3 groups per week.  This is in Tampa, FL area.  Nothing like Northern VA when we lived there - your house sold in hours.  Keeping the house clean was kind of hard (and we ate out WAY too much and gained WAY too much weight).

• Like 3