Menu

nm

Katy

I guess I'd just assume that I had the flu...  and that I was already getting it when I took the tamiflu but it just took a day or two (not sure how long you were taking it?) to become full blown.  I've never heard that tamiflu is a definite cure-all.  (I've never taken it either.)  I wouldn't go to the doctor, because I figure he'd just tell me I had  the flu!  It probably wouldn't occur to me to see a doctor for the flu unless it was causing more serious problems or lingering too long.  

I'm sorry you're not feeling well though.  I hope you get over it quickly, whether it's the flu or something else!

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 2

I'd call the doctor for their input, given your household situation.

The year of the Swine Flu, it hit all 6 of us, and 3 kids got Tamiflu. Ds was patient zero with a mild case that didn't get dx'ed, but then it took the rest of us down one by one. The next two kids tested positive and the ped wrote prescriptions for them and the fourth kid.  Dh and I had no energy to see a doctor by the time it got us!

None of them had any weird side effects from the meds. They did recover faster than we did!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hilltopmom said:

Tamiflu doesn’t “cure” or prevent the flu, it just makes it shorter/ less severe.

so you probably have the flu. Sorry. Cancel your contact with the public until no one has a fever anymore

It only shortens it by about 12 hours. Last time I got the flu in 2017. I spent a week in my bedroom with only my DH allowed to come in. I was the only one who got sick. I spent the first 3 days in bed and the rest of the time on the couch. I could have come out sooner but my DH wanted to make sure I wasn't contagious. I didn't bother going to the doctor since I knew it was the flu. The side effects of tamiflu are pretty bad.

• Like 1