Menu

Accountability Thread 1/13-1/19

Good morning! Today's schedule: fortify with caffeine and tackle revisions on Chapter 3. I need to finish this revision today, giving me two days to line edit before turning it over to my agent for her assessment. I hope I did okay. After she sees what I've done and reviewed my problems with the work, I can fix them (hopefully) and get after the next three chapters this week. Other than that, grocery run needs to happen today, and I need to see where we are in literature and get ready for Shakespeare in the spring.

• Like 1

Sounds like you are in the thick of it, Critter! Its all so fun to hear about on my end, so I hope you are enjoying the process. 😊 

I have to take the toddler to the pediatrician this morning so I'm sending the big kids to work with dh and  their independent schoolwork. (Dh works for family and they love seeing the kids, thank goodness.)

I don't know what this afternoon will bring. It depends on how the Dr appointment goes. He sometimes needs extra snuggles after things like that.

I need to get a few loads of laundry done, cook up a bunch of chicken, and make some snacks for the kids. Hopefully I get to it!

• Like 1

Morning! The usual suspects are up this morning: Latin, Math, Literature, Grammar, History/Science.

I'm writing and editing today. Agent should get my chapters tomorrow if I'm a good girl and finish them today. Cleaning up and pruning some things today.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrsRobinson said:

Sounds like you are in the thick of it, Critter! Its all so fun to hear about on my end, so I hope you are enjoying the process. 😊 

I have to take the toddler to the pediatrician this morning so I'm sending the big kids to work with dh and  their independent schoolwork. (Dh works for family and they love seeing the kids, thank goodness.)

I don't know what this afternoon will bring. It depends on how the Dr appointment goes. He sometimes needs extra snuggles after things like that.

I need to get a few loads of laundry done, cook up a bunch of chicken, and make some snacks for the kids. Hopefully I get to it!

I am enjoying it most of the time! It's a little unnerving, because in the past, my revisions have been as bad as they were good. Hoping I've nailed a few things this time.

• Like 1

Oy! More computer problems today, which, without the computer, slashes the kids' math in half and cuts out ds's grammar. And dd's typing, of course. We'll go to the store later for the item I think we need to get it up and running again. 

Its been a weird morning. So far, I've done a few chores and some laundry, helped ds with some math and cleaned up the school room a little bit. That's not much but I feel like it should be 3pm already. 😴 

Ds has done morning chores, his non computer based math and is now doing reptile origami. Hmmm... not part of the lesson plan, but I feel like I have no fight in me today. 

Dd slept in until 10, and has been dragging her feet and sticking her nose in a book every time I turn around. And crying. Lots of crying. And has no explanation for it. Now I want to cry! 😫 

I need something magical to get us all out of this funk! 

• Like 1

Good morning! We have a half day of school today with medical appointments 30 minutes away this afternoon. I'm planning on taking some schoolwork with us because las time were there, I thought it would be fairly quick in and out and we wound up being there for 2 hours! 😰 So much precious school time down the drain! Not going to make that mistake again!

• Like 1

Well, I got through the last bit of my chapters and sent them out this morning for my agent to tell me whether I hit the things I needed to hit, or overwrote the whole thing. But at least it is done and off for editing.

The boys are finishing up with school. One is done. He started in right after his coffee and plowed through. The other took his morning time to write, but he's on his last thing of the day, I think. I have to decide what I want to do with the rest of my writing day. I could get started on Chapter 4 edits, but I kind of want to see how well I did with my first chapters before I dive into the rest. I could read. I could write on my new story. Or I could be lazy and watch a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon because I borrowed them all from the library last night. And I really need to cook pizzas and do a little housekeeping. 

• Like 1

Good morning! Art today, then a whole lot of nothing. We are set to have lunch out this afternoon, and realistically, nothing will be done when we get back. I did some writing this morning and will write more after I get home. And make pizza. I forgot that we all had hair cuts yesterday, and there went plans for pizza. But we can make them this afternoon.

Yesterday went pretty well. I'll call it a success! We did a partial day of school work done, and the big kids each got a subject done at the dentist. 

Back at home, I made dinner, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom while the toddler was in the bath, and did a load of laundry! 

Today, we have a full school day planned plus some errands this afternoon. 

• Like 1

DD6 isn't feeling well today. She read 2 books to me and we called it a day.

She is laying around watching VeggieTales.

She was sleeping longer then usual and not being very active, which is weird. She is only complaining about joint pain. So Ibuprofen and heating pad.

DH doing laundry at the laundry mat.

Running dishwasher and cleaning the kitchen.  Need to call maintenance for the garbage disposal. 

• Like 2

Good mid-morning! 

I got the PC up and running just in time for my phone to quit working! Gah! Sometimes I hate technology!

Full school day for us today:

• Memory work ✔
  • Math 
  • Language Arts ✔
  • Geography ✔
  • Science
  • Exercise (before we are stuck inside with blizzard conditions!)
  • Piano practice
  • Art lesson
  • Read at bedtime

Chores are clean living room and 2 bathrooms and do some make ahead cooking.

Family movie night tonight with tacos for dinner. 

Happy Friday, everyone!

• Like 1

Happy Saturday 

Thursday night after dinner she vomited.

That night she slept great. She acted and ate like normal on Friday. So normal school done. We didn't have the car so we were home all day. I order pizza for lunch and groceries online and had them delivered. Snowed Friday.

DH has car today as well. Wind chill at 0 today. Normal school plus review of Bible verses past and poems for memory exercises. 

We are cleaning house room by room today.

• Like 2