Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Well, I didn't get everything finished yesterday that I had planned.  I just got worn out.

Today (and possibly into tomorrow if I need to)

• Drive middle son up to college, 7 hours R/T with lunch stop- 
  • Have DH and youngest load up the SUV with boxes I have packed  
  • Take load to storage, probably 2 loads are ready, so take them all  
  • Laudry/sheets/towels- in the wash now  
  • Line up a house cleaner to come in about 10 days for a couple of days that week to completely clean- waiting for a reply from her, she said she wants to but is looking into time frames.  
  • Youngest is home 3 school days next week due to testing schedule, make a list of things for him to clean/organize/pack each day- 
  • Pack up some stuff in Master that I am not using/things that don't currently fit/etc....kind of  
  • Finish packing oldest son's stuff (only about a box or so left I think.)- tomorrow.....no time  
  • Have youngest go through his stuff and donate/sort, (he is almost done but there is a bit left)- tomorrow- now he says Monday!  ARGH!
  • Decide about armchairs......to storage?  donate?  Put them in almost empty bedrooms?- letting realtor decide
Edited by DawnM
  • Like 5

Good morning! Busy day here, usual Saturday stuff. 

Deskwork! 
Check dd's math and science.
Farmers' market  
Stop by mom's 
Cook dinner early  
More desk/computer work
Make sure kids are doing/have done their chores
Ds' bball game this evening 
Read and relax, finish listening to Henry V podcast

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Usual morning routine- Bible,  check laundry, straighten kitchen, clean cat boxes, feed feral colony down the road.

Shovel snow off sidewalk

Still haven't taken lights off big tree

Tidy up house

All the boys and their families over for dinner tonight.  Girls can't make it.

• Like 5

I think I'm glad it's Saturday.  Though I have a lot to do, at least clients won't be on my butt the whole time.

• Kid 2 wrote her thank-you card already, because I told her she couldn't play with her new stuff until she did so.
  • Kid 2 is off to horse riding.
  • Emailed sister re picking up pets.
  • Mapped next destination.

To do:

• Work?
  • Car appointment set up.
  • Kid 1 up and ready for basketball.
  • Pick up kid 2 and drop her at home with list of work to do.
  • Kid 1 to basketball game.
  • List of things for Kid 1 to do after basketball.  (They have various homework & test study and won't be able to finish it all tomorrow.)
  • Plan a time to get Kid 2's ears pierced this weekend; today is probably a good day for it.
  • Bills.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Spent the first few hours of my morning trying to get rid of this headache. Feeling better now!

• tidy up house
  • catch up on laundry
  • repot some of my houseplants
  • make almond milk & salad dressing
  • get the cabinet under the new stove vacuumed out and put all the pots and pans back
  • unpack Chewy order
  • maybe run to Natural Grocers & farm supply store, depending on weather - it looks like the big storm is mostly going south of us
  • work with horses
  • read, relax, take a sauna
  • dinner: Thai curry Brussels sprout soup
  • watch hockey and/or a movie tonight
  • Like 4

Good morning! After rain all day yesterday, no snow last night. dd2 has an all-day meet- goodness only knows how it will go. dh and I slept in and ds3 is still sleeping. I don't have too much to do- a few things left on the list. So I think I will do some quilting and puttering in my sewing room.

• coffee/paper
  • finish off chore list
  • quilt
  • putter
  • maybe get a few extra chores done
  • watch football
  • ds3 to tennis

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Fed animals, made oatmeal for dh, started laundry, cleaned kitchen. I washed all my pots and pans because they had been sitting out on the counter all week and were a little dusty.

It just started snowing and looks so pretty. I think I'll wait to run errands until tomorrow and enjoy a day at home.

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 4

Good afternoon! 

I slept in, made breakfast, and watched some Prime with dh. 

Here is my weekend list besides church tomorrow:

• take down Christmas decorations and put away
  • Physics and Econ tests
  • finish reading Animal Farm
  • pay bills
  • tidy house
  • laundry
  • meal plan, grocery list, and shopping
  • math with ds
  • plan ds' school work for next week
  • play some games (the all work and no play thing, and a new MTG set comes into today that is supposed to be better for dh and I as beginners)
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

bank done

specialty grocery store done

I am super dragging today still.  And my sugars are high - much higher than they should be with the exact same meals that I eat everyday with much lower numbers.  But now dh is sick. . .   I wonder if I am headed that way? 

But . . . limping along slowly. . .

got a Fitbit question figured out

got the dishwasher unloaded, filled again and running.

took out recycling.

Now I'm going to take the puppy out for a long walk because it is actually sunny out.  I hope this doesn't tip me over the edge into illness. 

• Sad 1

Walked a 5k in one hour and 15 minutes.  I can do this!  (A huge goal for me this year is to walk an official 5k.  Today was a test run of the distance.  I was hurting by the end but not so badly that I couldn't keep to my pace.  And I did it a lot faster than I thought that I would.  I did choose a very flat trail though.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel like such crap today.  I'm blaming it on skipping my vitamin D and yoga.  Darkness before 6pm didn't help either.

So far we got more done than usual for a Saturday.  Still hoping to make it to Claire's and get youngest's ears pierced.

• Like 3

I did do a little research on runs in our area for my kid and possibly for me.

Wish they had some running club or similar that she could join, but they all seem to be for adults or little kids.  Not that they would fit her schedule anyway.  Her only school-based option would be to join the late summer cross country team located 30 minutes west of here ... but at that time, she will probably be attending an academic review camp 30 minutes east of here ....

Maybe she should think about starting a youth running club ....

So anyhoo ... they have the five one-mile run series coming up (can't register yet though) and the Girls On the Run 5K and also another 5K this spring in the neighboring town.  Other than that, I am hoping to figure out a way to fit in some walking / running in the nearby park(s) when we have time for it.

• Like 3

Cleaned Ds' room!! In a little over an hour. I'm pleased to know that all socks, Legos, batteries, comic books, nerf ammo, hot wheels cars, pens, Pokemon cards etc. are off the floor and the floor has been vacuumed. 

Laundry is running.

Guys aren't home yet. Watching the Vols at my IL's, I think. 

Time for books and podcast-listening. 

• Like 2