Menu

PSA: AP exams registration opens

The CollegeBoard deadlines for schools are

“All January

AP coordinators begin to receive ordering instructions and ordering access codes by email, and can begin ordering AP Exams online at AP Ordering. Ordering access is provided when the Participation Form has been received and processed.

March 22, 2019

Priority deadline for schools outside the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada to order AP Exams. Submit orders by this date to ensure timely processing and delivery.

March 29, 2019

Priority deadline for schools in the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada to order AP Exams. Submit orders by this date to ensure timely processing and delivery.

April 5, 2019

Extension deadline for schools outside the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada to order AP Exams. Each order received after this date incurs a $55 late fee (excluding alternate exam orders).

April 12, 2019

Extension deadline for schools in the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada to order AP Exams. Each order received after this date incurs a $55 late fee (excluding alternate exam orders).

Final deadline for schools outside the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada to order AP Exams. No orders will be accepted after this date. Orders placed by April 12 will be delivered by April 26.

April 19, 2019

Final deadline for schools in the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada to order AP Exams. No orders will be accepted after this date. Orders placed by April 19 will be delivered by April 29.” https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/ap-coordinators/calendar-deadlines

• Like 2

Make sure to check with your individual school as policies do vary and some have earlier deadlines. For example,in my school district, the last day to register is February 27 and even then you have to pay a $30 late fee if you register after February 15.

Yes, call NOW.

Years back I had a horrible time finding a site for an AP Latin exam when I called in January. I live in a major metropolitan area with public schools who teach Latin and a good number of private schools. The local public school offers Latin, but doesn't do the exam. The one public school system within 30 minutes that offered it actually had a December deadline that I missed. No other schools close by offered it.

I called about a dozen private schools, and nearly all either didn't offer it or didn't offer it to outsiders. One Catholic school would for a $150 fee and a fee for a criminal background check if I would also sit outside the room for the entire time in case they had to stop the exam. I didn't feel good about their attitude, but I guess something bad happened to justify it.

We ended up at a school over an hour away that I found because I emailed the director of a cottage school there. Mine was the only one. The next year they stopped offering exams to non-students outside the county.

Otherwise we used the local high school. Registration was in February and payment was required then.

Edited by G5052