Menu

What's with the ads?

caedmyn

what color towels with black and tan bathroom?

What color towels would look nice in a black and tan bathroom? Our master bathroom has tile on the floor and halfway up the wall.  The tile is sort of a soft black with tan layered over it.  The countertop is speckled soft black and cream and tan.  The cabinets and door and trim is sort of a dark honey color.  Toilet and sink and bathtub are black, fixtures and shower edges (glass shower) are oiled bronze I think.  Walls are white above the tile.  I've bought and returned several different colors of towels and bath mats because I can't find a color that looks right to me.  I like blue but no shade of blue looks right.  I brought purple mats from our old house but those don't look right either. Any suggestions?

Have you tried 2 or 3 colors?  Like tan and dark brown, or tan and white?

• Like 1

Can you find a cream to match the veins in the countertop? If not, then white. I have white towels and adore them. They go with everything, can be bleached if needed, and always look nice. 

I think a shade of turquoise would be very pretty!  A more subdued shade rather than super bright.

• Like 7

I like bleachable white, but Ivory, Red, Black, or Tan might work.

I like these Otter ones from Lands End.

• Like 1

Our main bath downstairs was black and tan (latte color) with cream colored trim. I found hand towels in a really dark hunter green and they looked really good in there. I haven't seen much of the color since then, so it may be hard to find.  It was 10 years ago.

I painted one wall to a blue/indigo color (dark denim). Still have the black and latte color on the other walls. Now my towels are a mid-denim color. LIke a mid-level ashy blue color. 

For hand towels I like to go to Home Goods/ TJ Maxx etc. I can find some great colors there that I can't always find in regular stores. 

On my computer screen, this is the color of green that I had.

Edited by Tap
  • Like 1

I would like white but bright yellow is good too. 

FIrst selection would be red but I’d worry about reds running in the laundry. So probably white for bath towels, yellow for hand towels. 

• Like 1

I’m slowly switching over to white or cream towels. The dark colors fade before the towels are ready to be repurposed. 

• Like 1

White. The good thing about white is that you can replace a. Towel and not. Have to worry that you aren’t matching the color.  Exactly.  To the old towels.. 

(Sorry—keyboard acting up)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Garga said:

White. The good thing about white is that you can replace a. Towel and not. Have to worry that you aren’t matching the color.  Exactly.  To the old towels.. 

(Sorry—keyboard acting up)

To the old towels! *raises glass and clinks* 😉

My brain was enjoying reading your post with the random punctuation!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, J-rap said:

I think a shade of turquoise would be very pretty!  A more subdued shade rather than super bright.

This was my first thought too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-rap said:

I take back my red and vote for this.

• Like 1

Thinking about this morning's sunrise against the black and white winter hillside, and suddenly coral seems like a good colour. ☺️

• Like 1

I love turquoise (my towels are turquoise), but it could clash depending on the undertones of your tan.  Some tans look green, others grey, others look pink, and it will cause some colors to look 'off'.  If you like turquoise, try it.  Otherwise, I really like the idea of using white.  "Hotel Towels" are widely available in all price points.  Thick, absorbent, white towels against the tan and black would be striking.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:40 PM, caedmyn said:

What color towels would look nice in a black and tan bathroom? Our master bathroom has tile on the floor and halfway up the wall.  The tile is sort of a soft black with tan layered over it.  The countertop is speckled soft black and cream and tan.  The cabinets and door and trim is sort of a dark honey color.  Toilet and sink and bathtub are black, fixtures and shower edges (glass shower) are oiled bronze I think.  Walls are white above the tile.  I've bought and returned several different colors of towels and bath mats because I can't find a color that looks right to me.  I like blue but no shade of blue looks right.  I brought purple mats from our old house but those don't look right either. Any suggestions?

Since the walls are white, I'd go with white towels, unless you could color-match a color in the countertop, which is tricky.

I don't think introducing another color would be best.

Since the colors in your bathroom are all neutral, you could use any color.

I would choose a color that you absolutely love.

• Like 1

I think I'm going with no one's suggestion lol...and using dark grey towels and bath mats.  I like grey and it blends well with the existing colors.  I really like soft muted turquoise but it doesn't look right to me in that bathroom.  I'll have to use it somewhere else in the house instead.

• Like 2