Menu

Help from TN folks (Driver’s license form)

I know I can find this out tomorrow but I trust the Hive more than most IRL contacts 🙂 I should know this because I am on my third teenager but my brain is blanking. We had the compulsory attendance form from our umbrella school when ds got his learners permit at 15 yo. He has his road test set for his birthday in a few weeks. I don’t think I need this form again. I think all the documentation was for the permit and not the license. I don’t remember getting the form a second time for my older boys to get their licenses. But a lot of life has happened since then.

I thought he didn’t need it again but now I’m doubting myself and don’t want him to not be able to take his test as scheduled because I’m missing the stupid form! 

I know someone here knows this answer...and I trust the info more than what I would get if he calls the DMV tomorrow. And I really don’t want him to have to call the DMV. He has school he needs to get done and we try to minimize time spent on the DMV! 

The way I read the website is that you only need it for the permit but the the school is supposed to notify the Department of Safety if you drop out. So I don’t think he needs it. But it is always an adventure at the DMV! (Can you tell how much I am looking forward to this?) 

The last time we were there it was three hours. Hopefully better this time with a test appointment. 

• Like 1