Menu

Transcript and credit question

I need to submit a transcript for DD's current year's and last year's coursework. If a class is conducted over a school year (2 semesters) and one semester has been completed as of December, do I put down .5 credit on a transcript, rather than 1 credit since the class is not completed yet?

This is a transcript for a high school application, but the classes are high school level, not middle school. 

I had put down 1.0 for credit and in progress for the grade column last year for DS14. My local high school isn’t picky/selective and the classes were AP classes like AP Chemistry which is obviously a year long course unless on block schedule. For AP Physics C Mechanics, I did put 0.5 credit and a grade since it was a semester long class. I did put a note that he was doing AP Physics C Electricity & Magnetism for semester two so the school knows he would have two high school science credits if he went to our public high school for 9th. I even put down the high school classes (AP Statistics, AP Macroeconomics and AP Microeconomics) he would be doing for summer 2018, the principal was amused but didn’t think it out of place. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I had put down 1.0 for credit and in progress for the grade column last year for DS14. My local high school isn’t picky/selective and the classes were AP classes like AP Chemistry which is obviously a year long course unless on block schedule. For AP Physics C Mechanics, I did put 0.5 credit and a grade since it was a semester long class. I did put a note that he was doing AP Physics C Electricity & Magnetism for semester two so the school knows he would have two high school science credits if he went to our public high school for 9th. I even put down the high school classes (AP Statistics, AP Macroeconomics and AP Microeconomics) he would be doing for summer 2018, the principal was amused but didn’t think it out of place. 

So I'm going to list some as 1 credit (Bravewriter will have to be 1/4 credit) but for grades I'll need to list the midterm grades even though most classes are still in progress, as requested by the schools.

I looked at the definition of 1 credit which is apparently 3 hours of work per week. I'm not sure if that's accurate or that's just the common definition for a school year course regardless of the amount of work. An AP class is definitely not 3 hours per week, but I listed it as 1 credit and honors chemistry is definitely nearing 5 hours per week but again 1 credit on transcript. I don't remember my middle school transcript.

I tried to get rid of the credit column but the program I'm using doesn't seem to allow this. It seems silly to be indicating middle school credits.

18 minutes ago, crazyforlatin said:

I tried to get rid of the credit column but the program I'm using doesn't seem to allow this. It seems silly to be indicating middle school credits.

What program are you using?

I use Apple Sheets on my iPad to create the transcript then copied over to Pages to make it look nicer. I have three versions and didn’t have a problem removing any of the columns. I have done similar on Microsoft Excel on my kids laptop and could rearrange and delete columns easily. 

I left the credit column blank for middle school credits but my school district and the private schools we were looking at didn’t need a middle school GPA. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

What program are you using?

I use Apple Sheets on my iPad to create the transcript then copied over to Pages to make it look nicer. I have three versions and didn’t have a problem removing any of the columns. I have done similar on Microsoft Excel on my kids laptop and could rearrange and delete columns easily. 

I left the credit column blank for middle school credits but my school district and the private schools we were looking at didn’t need a middle school GPA. 

I'm using homeschooltranscripts.com, same one as another hiver (can't remember her online name but I know her real name lol). Her daughter took bio at SoHS.

2 minutes ago, crazyforlatin said:

I'm using homeschooltranscripts.com, same one as another hiver (can't remember her online name but I know her real name lol). Her daughter took bio at SoHS.

Daijobu (https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/profile/21755-daijobu/)

I’m too pampered by Excel. Could you port the transcript over to Google Sheets and get the column deleted? My kids use Google sheets for some of their lab reports and have no problem rearranging or deleting columns.

11 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Daijobu (https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/profile/21755-daijobu/)

I’m too pampered by Excel. Could you port the transcript over to Google Sheets and get the column deleted? My kids use Google sheets for some of their lab reports and have no problem rearranging or deleting columns.

Oh right!

It's web based so porting doesn't seem to be an option, I think, but I'm going to PM daijobu to ask.