Menu

UC panic about certification

elfgivas

dd#4 just received an email from the University of California system asking who certifies our homeschool.  we file a private school affidavit, which means we are legal.  but not certified per se.  all her AP classes are thru pennsylvania homeschoolers and are certified but ???  advice?  suggestions?  aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.......  they gave her five days or they will cancel processing her application.  this never happened with the first three kids.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I hope someone who has an experience will chime in and give you some insight soon...

In the mean time, can you email/call UC and ask what exactly they are looking for or explain your situation?  I hope they just overlooked some of the boxes or something simple.

11 minutes ago, Jilly said:

If you are on Facebook join this group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CollegeSeekers/

It is a CA based college group that has such knowledgeable people in it who will be able to help. 

thank you!  i have just applied.  i hope they are speedy in adding me to the group.  thanks again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kai -

the facebook group was a great help.  we sent lots of info off (school profile, textbooks, course descriptions, transcript, etc, etc).  we got an acknowledgment back that simply said "thank you.  we will get back to you if we have further questions." 

and so far that is it.

will keep you posted.

ann

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2019 at 6:35 PM, elfgivas said:

dd#4 just received an email from the University of California system asking who certifies our homeschool.  we file a private school affidavit, which means we are legal.  but not certified per se.  all her AP classes are thru pennsylvania homeschoolers and are certified but ???  advice?  suggestions?  aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.......  they gave her five days or they will cancel processing her application.  this never happened with the first three kids.  

@elfgivas Any update from the University of California regarding of the admission for your kid ? 

@elfgivas Congrats to you and your dd! That's a great achievement that your dd  to be accepted at UCSB, UCSC, UCMerced, UCIrvine, UCRiverside.  waitlisted at UCLA and UCDavis.

Did your dd accepted in the school of engineering or college of Letter & Sciences at UCSB, UCSC, UCMerced, UCIrvine, UCRiverside.  waitlisted at UCLA and UCDavis ?

Do you mind to share your dd' stats of any submitted SAT General Test scores, SAT Subject Test scores, AP (which subjects for example English, US History, Chemistry...etc), AP scores ?

We are looking forward to hearing and learning of your valuable input in order to prepare our homeschooled kids to apply to UC campus in the future.

Thank you!

• Like 1